Divine Space - new space game

AntiDanilevski

the fact you can change how your ship looks and add different things is very cool. like having a core and adding on to it. this game does sound very interesting. i was always kinda interested in EVE, but the reputation of the players and just how much time and stuff you had to put in to it to make it worth it, was just too much. and i have no problem with putting time into an RPG so thats saying something. knowing this is more casual is great. and it sounds like if you want to put time into it, youll reap rewards. sounds like a nice balance!

Agreed. I tried to play Eve, really wanted to, but amount of time that is required for that game is absolutely unacceptable for me. So plan is to make a game that you can play and with short sessions, and long. Thank you for te kind words, hope to see you later after we launch our project on KS. Seems like core for the first push is gathering, and that's great: projects with good start usually gatherins required funds, while projects that are starting slowly usually fails. I'll keep you updated about status of the game.

And we just came to agreement with a film director. He will help us to make an introducing video, so it should be something different from other KS videos that I saw.

If EVE online is too time consuming you're going to hate video game development. It's not a nine-to-five job, it's four AM to 11 PM, every day(no weekends off)The degree of time consumption in this industry is absolutely incredible, during "triage"(the last stage before release) you may find yourself awake and at work for in excess of 24 hrs, I certainly pulled about 9 of such during my garage/indy days. Expect to lose a lot of sleep, and a lot of relationships.

You'll also never meet that deadline of autumn 2012. Normaly any sort of game takes about 2-7 years to make, you won't have it done by autumn, you couldn't even make a mod for a game in that timeframe. You've got to try not to rush things. If you set a deadline too early, you've got the choice between either not making it, and being laughing stock, or rushing to meet it, over-working your dev team, which creates friction and demands overtime, and results in a majorly inferior product. Bethesda's made that mistake enough times, learn from it.

Edited by Vindekarr

If EVE online is too time consuming you're going to hate video game development. It's not a nine-to-five job, it's four AM to 11 PM, every day(no weekends off)The degree of time consumption in this industry is absolutely incredible, during "triage"(the last stage before release) you may find yourself awake and at work for in excess of 24 hrs, I certainly pulled about 9 of such during my garage/indy days. Expect to lose a lot of sleep, and a lot of relationships.

You'll also never meet that deadline of autumn 2012. Normaly any sort of game takes about 2-7 years to make, you won't have it done by autumn, you couldn't even make a mod for a game in that timeframe. You've got to try not to rush things. If you set a deadline too early, you've got the choice between either not making it, and being laughing stock, or rushing to meet it, over-working your dev team, which creates friction and demands overtime, and results in a majorly inferior product. Bethesda's made that mistake enough times, learn from it.

I see you can't calm down, my friend. Short answer to your trolling:

1). I don't have time to play games because I make them, and this is my work and hobby;

2). Game is in fullpower development from december 2011, game design - from june 2011;

3) We know how to update early builds very well and prefer to release small version first, then keep updating it;

4). I'm afraid, but we know our deadlines a bit better than you think you do.

Though generally I love advices and opinions from amateurs, such snoobish advices I don't. But anyways, thank you for your input, and I ask again: please stop flaming.

If you dislike this project, or our mission, please move on. From now, I'm stopping it myself and will not reply to your provocatoins anymore.

Edited by AntiDanilevski

hes got a point Vindekarr. youve really done nothing but criticize him and be a thorn in the side of this thread from the start. we understand your skeptical this is a scam and/or he doesnt know what hes doing and/or is setting his sights too high. its understandable that you think its a scam. but youve made that point. you need not have any involvement in his project fake or not, and since youve made that warning, other people will either take heed or they wont.

youve tried to give him advice, though with a sort of backhanded tone. hes obviously read them, good or bad. but i think in your opinions, youve also made your point. if he in fact doesnt know what hes doing, then he will fail. if hes really putting in the effort he seems to be putting in, even if he doesnt know what hes doing, then im sure hes heard everything your telling him more then once, from more then one person. your not about to save him if he truly didnt know what he was doing....then again he might actually know hat hes doing, he might really have the resources and time put into this as it seems and in which case your just coming off a little hot headed to someone who was only trying to get the word out and see opinions and such.

lastly. not wanting to put time into EVE doesnt mean he doesnt like putting time in to anything. and coming off like thats how he feels about everything is just a little more then rude.

basically bro. youve made your point. just let it go. i for one am excited to see where this goes if it is as real as he makes it seem. i dont think its a scam. and i hope he really is doing what he says cause its got a good idea and base going for it. all the power to you Anti. and good luck! assuming this is all real, anything knew you put into this game, if love to see it posted here :D