Own mod for Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina doesn't show up in Obl

Jelika

Hi there,

first, if there is a thread with this problem, just give me the link, I didn't find it then.

After a long time I'm playing Oblivion again with the Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina mod and I tried to make a housemod for Elsweyr but it doesn't show up. In the CS, when loading oblivion.esm and the elsweyr.esp and saving as a new .esp, when I change anything, it doesn't show up in the render window. For example, I put a new house anywhere. It doesn't show up. I select the house in the cell window and edit something, like size or rotation, and it shows up in the render window. Great, I thought, problem solved, and I did the whole mod with this pre-editing, post-editing methode, but when I load the mod in Oblivion, it doesn't show up as well.

Is that because Elsweyr is an .esp file? But then, I can do mods based on other esp files. Is the Elsweyr mod write-protected or something? I have found in a list somewhere, that there is one Elsweyr house mod, so it seems to work in general.

Does anybody know what I do wrong? Until today, all my mods worked just fine. But this one. (I tried several times with different esp files but none of them worked.)

I told OBMM load order to load Elsweyr before my mod but that doesn't help as well.

Anybody who knows what's wrong? Thanks in advance!

Jelika

From the CS Wiki: De-Isolation Tutorial. If you are making your copy of Elsweyr the active esp (in other words you are editing the Elsweyr esp) then de-isolation isn't your problem. If you are loading Oblivion.esm and the Elsweyr esp and then making your own esp active de-isolation is your problem (well as far a getting your changes to show up in the game). Your problem seeing the new house could be related to having the correct world space loaded in the render window first.

An option for working around the de-isolation issue not mentioned in the tutorial is using CS Extender ... eliminates the need to master the esp and then un-master it afterwards.

As far as load order afterwards, you'd want to load your mod after Elsweyr, or have your esp merged with Elsweyr in your bashed patch.

Edited by Striker879