Add/Remove Body Types in Set Body

griffinrider

I'm working on a CM project, and I'm adding some custom lower body meshes that I would like to make as the actual bodies of them. The only way to do that is through setbody. I've looked at the scripting and it's like trying to defuse a bomb. How do I add bodies I want, and remove bodies I don't want without just replacing the meshes in the folders and have them be completely named wrong? I plan to merge that esp to the CM esp I'm working on, but I don't want the actual setbody mod to be changed as the result, so I want to make a BSA of everything for this mod. Is that possible? I've tried just adding the _male folder to the BSA, but that changed everyone. I only want these partners changed. Please help.

There can only be one male and one female body in the game (limitation of the game engine). The set body mods work by putting on the various other bodies as though they were clothes, which works because the way the game works clothes or armor 'become' the part of the body they cover.

I'm no scripter, but I think what you'll need to do is 'borrow' code (with permission of course) from the set body mod and duplicate it's actions using your script and body meshes.

I regularly replace body options in BBB Designer Body Spell that I don't use with ones that are compatible that I want ... it's a simple file replace in the appropriate Bombshell subfolder. Thing is, to see the new bodies I need to cast the Set Body spell on an NPC. I take it you'd rather have all the selecting and casting taken care of via script.

If anyone knows how to get around this it's DrakeTheDragon.