Severe CTD while in the City. Some occasional CTD while in Countryside

mrnapolean1

As the title says. I cannot enter the City anymore due to constant crashing. It took 7 hours of constant game reloading to find Goodneighbor. I am on the PC and I play with mods. Maybe someone is out there can tell me what I need to do to keep Fallout 4 from CTDing.

My Loaded Mods:

GameMode=Fallout4
Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
HUDFramework.esm=1
XDI.esm=1
Knockout Framework.esm=1
SimSettlements.esm=1
SimSettlements_MegaPack_YearOne.esp=1
SimSettlements_Addon_VaultLand.esp=1
BostonFPSFixAIO.esp=1
SSAOP_SamutzVault88.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
SimSettlements_XPAC_IndustrialRevolution.esp=1
Kor_Highlight.esp=1
StartMeUp.esp=1
WOTC.esp=1
Be Exceptional - Uninstall.esp=0
GCM.esp=1
Be Exceptional.esp=1
MilitarizedMinutemen.esp=1
SSNPC - Minutemen.esp=1
OWR.esp=1
OWR_CraftableDecor.esp=1
OWR_CraftableDecor_CW.esp=1
OWR_AOC.esp=1
Dustbowl Overhaul.esp=1
ButtonsCompanion.esp=1
GHL Alternate Start.esp=1
ClassicSniper.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp=1
Eli_Companions 9000 GTX.esp=1
Eli_Armour_Compendium.esp=1
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
BetterSettlersCCAPack2.0.esp=1
Vault-Tec Workshop Overhaul.esp=1
MTM-Vault88-RLRST.esp=1
AdvSettleTurretSet.esp=1
VaultPlus.esp=1
MoreVaultRooms.esp=1
Locksmith.esp=1
No More Fake Puddles - Nuka World 1-0.esp=1
NoRailRoadBallisticWeave.esp=1
LoweredJetpakAPDrain.esp=1
MojaveImports.esp=1
fog.esp=1
Clean Water - Tropical.esp=1
CMPA +300.esp=1
AutoDoors.esp=1
AutoDoorsPatch_DLC-HM-SNB-SOE.esp=0
AutoDoorsPatch_DLC-HM.esp=0
ClassicShacks.esp=1
ruined_simsettlement_addonpack.esp=1
AD_DLC.esp=1
1FOM_FireAxe.esp=1
RichMerchants.esp=1
free_downgrades_stubs_44.esp=1
CombatZoneRestored.esp=1
Better Weapon Scrap.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
and my Machine specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30GHz 30 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z97X-Gaming 7 (SOCKET 0) 33 °C
Graphics
DELL S2340L (1920x1080@59Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (ZOTAC International) 30 °C
ForceWare version: 397.93
SLI Disabled
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 30 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EALS-00Z8A0 (SATA) 36 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 EZEX-00BN5A0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 34 °C
2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30 00FYYZ-01UL1B0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 35 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHBS312 2
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Any help/tips/advice will be greatly appreciated. :)

1) Your load order is a complete mess, did you even use LOOT on it?

2) using all those mods you NEED the unofficial patch, that right there will most likely fix at least 75% of your crashes

3) you have no bashed patch, you NEED a bashed patch with a mod list like that

Follow my guide STEP by STEP and let me know if you need more help

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3886575-fallout-4-beginners-guide/

While I do not play FO4, I have experience in modding Beth games, so I can offer some general pointers. First, verify your game cache through Steam. That way, you know the base vanilla files are good. (No, verification won't delete any of your mods.) Second, take a narrow look at any mods which change cities or settlements, especially mods which add things (buildings, stores, NPCs) or mods which change/upgrade the textures. Those types of mods are common culprits for causing crashes. Yes, I like alliteration.

If all else fails, disable half your mods. Do not uninstall, just disable. If the problem persists, disable another half. Work down into smaller and smaller sections until you get the culprit narrowed down.

For the future, keep a save that you use just for testing mods. This little trick keeps you from totally borking the saves for your most favorite PC while you figure out whether or not you really need pink power armor. :D

1) Your load order is a complete mess, did you even use LOOT on it?

2) using all those mods you NEED the unofficial patch, that right there will most likely fix at least 75% of your crashes

3) you have no bashed patch, you NEED a bashed patch with a mod list like that

Follow my guide STEP by STEP and let me know if you need more help

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3886575-fallout-4-beginners-guide/

1. I have Loot installed but when I use it It keeps putting Scrap Everything in the middle or at the top of my load order. I was told by the mod developer that It needs to be placed at the very bottom of my load order.

2. The official patch states it works with runtime 1.10.89 but I currently have runtime 1.10.111.0, Will it work? (Yes I do have the correct version of F4SE installed)

3. I have no clue what a "bashed patch" is.

While I do not play FO4, I have experience in modding Beth games, so I can offer some general pointers. First, verify your game cache through Steam. That way, you know the base vanilla files are good. (No, verification won't delete any of your mods.) Second, take a narrow look at any mods which change cities or settlements, especially mods which add things (buildings, stores, NPCs) or mods which change/upgrade the textures. Those types of mods are common culprits for causing crashes. Yes, I like alliteration.

If all else fails, disable half your mods. Do not uninstall, just disable. If the problem persists, disable another half. Work down into smaller and smaller sections until you get the culprit narrowed down.

For the future, keep a save that you use just for testing mods. This little trick keeps you from totally borking the saves for your most favorite PC while you figure out whether or not you really need pink power armor. :D

There is one mod I use to alter the environment called Dustbowl Overhaul. It completely changes the land textures for the Commonwealth. Im gonna try and disable that one and see if my CTDs still persist. - No it still crashes. Just looking around and not firing my weapon will cause CTD.

Edited by mrnapolean1

You have a later version than what is stated for the unofficial patch, so yes, it will work fine for you :)

A bashed patch makes all your mods work together more friendly, it's ALL of step 2 of my guide which I did link :)

I tried installing the Unofficial patch and now it refuses to launch. It crashes before it can start loading. I removed the unofficial patch and its doing the same thing so Ive decided to do a complete reisntall of Fallout 4. Its going to take about as long to download and reinstall the game in the same time it took me to find goodneighbor yesterday.

make sure you have the unofficial patch installed and follow me guide and you should not have any more problems

BUT, here is what I would do if i were you

reinstall the game like you said

BEFORE you install any mods, make a character to the point that you exit the vault, NO mods at all, when you exit the vault, save, this will be your "clean save"- copy it and save it some place you know it won't get over written or deleted

install 5 mods at a time and test, keep doing this till all mods are installed :smile:

IF you find a mod that causes a crash or something wonky ( Bethesda game :tongue: ) then you can address it before you get deep into a play through

Remember to do steps 2 & 3 of my guide after each 5 mods, or after they are all installed, your choice

ALSO, a crash like that is usually a missing plugin, either a patch file or a master another mod needs

Edited by gromulos

make sure you have the unofficial patch installed and follow me guide and you should not have any more problems

BUT, here is what I would do if i were you

reinstall the game like you said

BEFORE you install any mods, make a character to the point that you exit the vault, NO mods at all, when you exit the vault, save, this will be your "clean save"- copy it and save it some place you know it won't get over written or deleted

install 5 mods at a time and test, keep doing this till all mods are installed :smile:

IF you find a mod that causes a crash or something wonky ( Bethesda game :tongue: ) then you can address it before you get deep into a play through

Remember to do steps 2 & 3 of my guide after each 5 mods, or after they are all installed, your choice

ALSO, a crash like that is usually a missing plugin, either a patch file or a master another mod needs

Thanks for your help. Ill find out late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Well after about 15 hours of re-downloading Fallout 4 and all the DLC and a few hours to reinstall my mods, I am happy to say I didn't experience any CTD up until now and I wasn't even the city. I was in Sanctuary in Workshop mode.

I Used NMM for a re-installation of my mods and used Loot to sort my load order.

If I start to have problems again, I try that wire bash thing that was mentioned in a previous reply.

Edited by mrnapolean1