Lost and Alone

threefoldmind

So I play using mods like Frost and Horizon which are both hardcore sort of survivally things. Frost has its own sanity thing dealing with killing people, though I am not sure I ever saw the effects of it. Sanity in game is one of those things I love, I think its a super cool system. But something I would love to see is a form of sanity that affects Accuracy, Aimed Gun Sway, and Movement speed sort of representing guilt or depression or something like that. When you fail social rolls, when you first injure someone, when you kill someone, when hunger or thirst advances in stage, and of course just over time you slow down. How do you fix this? Spend time with Loved Ones, or in a happy settlement. Buffs like Lover's Embrace would provide protection from Depression/Guilt and spending time in a settlement with over like 80 Happiness would low guilt and over 90 happiness would lower it even faster. Maybe even when you are traveling with a companion you get a small guilt protection buff and then when you have a companion who you have the perk from you get a slightly bigger guilt protection buff.

Just thinking of this from how it would feel mechanically and I think it could feel kind of cool. Like just over time you realize how terrible things are, maybe even adding a slight gray filter to the world when the depression gets bad enough, but then you go back into town and see all the people you care about and you remember why you do it all.

I mean if I were allowed to venture further into this I would love to see Charisma reworked for a system like this, like perks for making settlements happier, protecting from depression, healing depression and the like. Lol, Animal Friend and Wasteland Whipserer having special dialogue attached to them that lets you like pet a dog you meet in the wild and it gives you depression protection because petting doggo always makes like better :D.

I know this would probably be super hard to code, I know I certainly dont have the experience to do so, but it would be really cool to have more actual function for Settlements.