Oblivions Zombies? Why hasn't anyone done this.

Enad1

It might just be me but I loved the Zombies in Oblivion.

I was so dissapointed that they weren't in Skyrim and I'm surprised that the Monster Mod, or anyone else, hasn't brought them over to Skyrim.

Is there a reason for this?

Modelling creatures is quite difficult. You'd also need to make custom animations and sounds for them.

No, you are not allowed to touch any files from Oblivion and take them over to Skyrim.

I just loved the look of the Oblivion ones.

In the monsters mod there's a few things from Oblivion and Morrowind, not sure if they're remade or not. Hunger, Daedroth, Ogre to name a few.

In the monsters mod there's a few things from Oblivion and Morrowind, not sure if they're remade or not. Hunger, Daedroth, Ogre to name a few.

Yeah, those are modelled textured and probably animated from scratch - most of them are at least, because using assets from another game is illegal and will get you banned from nexus ;p

Yeah, those are modelled textured and probably animated from scratch - most of them are at least, because using assets from another game is illegal and will get you banned from nexus ;p

Doesn't mean one can't use it for oneself's use though, right? As long as one doesn't upload it on the Nexus or share it through otherwise means; I mean, to get the zombie stuff from Oblivion, you gotta have Oblivion, so if you know how, own both games and feel like doing it, there's no one that can stop you. I like the Oblivion zombies too, although I don't know how to move 'em to Skyrim, and I'm not as stupid as to toss up Bethseda's property for public downloading. =P That's what we refer to as piracy, which is illegal, and punishable by hanging. Or was that the other one?

Doesn't mean one can't use it for oneself's use though, right? As long as one doesn't upload it on the Nexus or share it through otherwise means; I mean, to get the zombie stuff from Oblivion, you gotta have Oblivion, so if you know how, own both games and feel like doing it, there's no one that can stop you. I like the Oblivion zombies too, although I don't know how to move 'em to Skyrim, and I'm not as stupid as to toss up Bethseda's property for public downloading. =P That's what we refer to as piracy, which is illegal, and punishable by hanging. Or was that the other one?

True, if you port them yourself, and keep it local, there is no problem - but the local part will be a problem in a request thread ;p

True, if you port them yourself, and keep it local, there is no problem - but the local part will be a problem in a request thread ;p

... Yes, quite.

... Unless... You... Put a blanket over it and blow out the candles?

On a more serious note though, I'm not sure wether it's appreciated to make a guide, letting you do it all yourself step by step, considering you'd still require all data files from both games to make it possible. Either way, I haven't magically evolved into a scripter/whatever-you'd-call-the-people-doing-these-sort-of-thingies-'n-stuff over the past few minutes (as far as I know?), so I can't really help you out.

That's not really what the OP requests though, Draugr aren't really zombies at all, IMO.

Zombies; undead humanoid creatures risen from the dead through the work of a necromancer, a witch's curse or by some rare disease, braindead and unable to use any sort of weapons, generally just walk about or stand idly until someone crosses their path.

The Draugr are more like the old tales of mummified guardians of their tomb/shrine where they remain in slumber until a tresspasser comes by - which they'll try to murder. They have some intelligence left atleast, being able to use both melee weapons, shields and bows - some even magic and dragon shouts. They also do, occasionally, mutter something in their old language in combat.