1.6 Update Has Damaged Delvin of the Thieves Guild

phaota

Steam downloaded and updated my game today with the new 1.6 patch. Problem is, now Delvin's dialog commands are messed up. Every time I talk to him, I get the same clickable lines concerning having completed the Windhelm, Solitude and Markarth side quests and all of his radiant quests keep restarting. I already did all of them before the patch. Something needs to be fixed on this issue. Also, Delvin won't buy the Dwemer Puzzle Cube from Calcelmo's Laboratory or the two Falmer statue diamond eyes I got from those two quests.

Just going from what I've read on wiki(s), the TG unique loot items had all sorts of potential for bugs even prior to 1.6. (Only one I ran into was not being able to sell him the map, so I just dropped it on the floor and it's now a TG rug.) Afaik, and fwiw, Delvin will only ever buy one of the eyes (left one I think).

UPDATE: Making a new character fixed this for me. It seems the scripts changed in vanilla Skyrim and savegames refer wrongly to scripts, thus it can't access dialogue.

Same problem for me with many NPC's. I don't run dialogue-altering mods at all.

Edited by Saratje

The only mods I have running that alter dialog are "NPC Reaction Shut-Up About Flames", "NPC Reaction Spell Shutup", "STFU" and maybe "Interesting NPCs". None of these alter Delvin's dialog though.