Crashes happen randomly

In a house

Outside

Firing weapons

No weapon out

Standing anywhere

Fast Travel

Talking with people

Once I run the game without the AA mod, its fine, runs forever...... so logically it's not a hardware/software issue, it's the mod

Any suggestions on more info I can give, or a place to start solving the problem?

AA by itself can't cause your game to crash. It only adds new weapons and ammo, and doesn't use scripts, interfere with game settings and everything. There's no AA-specific bug fixes for you.

Crashes in Gamebryo games are rarely caused by hardware issues (if you have hardware that is too weak to play, you'll experience poor FPS and/or graphics quality instead).

What version of Fallout are you using? "Patched, updated", but is it Steam? GOTY? Any DLCs? Any INI tweaks you did?

It's a Steam Edition Game of the year, with all the DLC's No INI tweaks that I know of.

All I do know is that with a fresh install from steam, all DLC's and just the AA mod, it crashes. I take the AA mod off, no crash.

AA by itself can't cause your game to crash. It only adds new weapons and ammo, and doesn't use scripts, interfere with game settings and everything. There's no AA-specific bug fixes for you.

Crashes in Gamebryo games are rarely caused by hardware issues (if you have hardware that is too weak to play, you'll experience poor FPS and/or graphics quality instead).

What version of Fallout are you using? "Patched, updated", but is it Steam? GOTY? Any DLCs? Any INI tweaks you did?

That's very strange. I have Steam GOTY too and I'm not experiencing that at all, other than the normal once-in-a-while crash that happens when you actually have big mods running. Which is normal, by the way, if that's all you're experiencing.

Try to observe it some more. Try to see if there are particular events that it crashes consistently on. It can sometimes fluke like that, like if you get a crash when entering a town, when you restart the game and enter the same town you'll find it suddenly doesn't crash, even without "fixing" anything.

The crash is completely random.

Happens anywhere, any time.

It can be time related, play the game for 10 mins, or 2 hours

It happens outside, in a firefight, walking, sitting on a bench.

Without posting a storyline of when/where it crashes, it crashes randomly, anywhere, any location, any action, or just sitting, loading a game. When the AA mod is on, the game eats s*** and crashes.

I have tried a ton of combinations to try and get it not to crash. Any idea you can think of, I have done it.

But, my hard drive the game was on ate s*** and died. Perhaps a portion of the game was on a bad sector?

I will get a new hard drive, reinstall the GOTY and AA mods only and see from there.

I'll be back with an answer, if it works or not on a new hard drive

That's definitely a possibility. Way more likely than AA itself being the cause of the crashes, which is technically not plausible (or else FO3 should never have shipped if it couldn't handle a simple mod like AA that would cause frequent random crashes).

Let us know how it turns out.