how do I make a gun in 3ds max

theateam96

Open 3ds max, make a plane(top view) of the same dimension of the pic, make a material with that pick, now in the top viewport start again with a small plane, convert the plane to editable poly, now start moving adding vertex/faces, and go on.

Check any youtube video(3ds max making a gun/weapon) for "physical references"

• 3 weeks later...
hi aruless could i use create>shapes>line on the tool bar on the right side to make the ouline of the gun on picture then extrude it to the length of gun then how do i add detail and textures any help please thanks Edited by theateam96

You can learn techniques from other users of 3dsMAX who've made guns before on TurboSquid, where you can download gun models and see how they were made. Don't use these for Fallout, though. Edited by billyro

• 2 weeks later...
hi Millenia my 3ds max wont do the vertex then cut in 3ds max and i am pressing where i want it to be it done the starting point but not the rest of the square points is not going on the background of the picture any help will be appreciated sorry for the confusion explain it

hi Millenia my 3ds max wont do the vertex then cut in 3ds max and i am pressing where i want it to be it done the starting point but not the rest of the square points is not going on the background of the picture any help will be appreciated sorry for the confusion explain it

I had this problem, try going to the bottom right veiwport and "flip" it. You can't cut from the back.

Edited by Ooudestomp