Follower Goes on vacation

scarycave

I've been noticing lately that my custom follower has a habit of disappearing at certain locations and only coming back during a fast-travel. I have a spell that warps him t you, but I've only been able to get it to work if your in the same world space as him. Now during these absences the spell won't work meaning he hasn't followed me into the cell or out of the cell. :ohdear: Sometimes exiting the cell you just entered will result in him disappearing. He just went somewhere. He uses two following packages, an interior and exterior one (The interior shuts off falling), his intelligence is high enough to use doors. I just don't understand it. :psyduck:

Are there pathgrids where you're going to? If there are no pathgrids, the NPC will think that you're in an accessible place and can't figure out how to get to you.

Actually....I don't think their are path grids. So all I have to do is put those in and it should work?

//Edit//

I found the path grids, for some reason their deep underground.

//Edit//

I added a blue point and he follows me in those areas now. :D

//Edit//

I spoke to soon. It only seems to work the first few times...After that he's gone again. :psyduck:

Here's the path grid:

Edited by scarycave

The AI is kinda dumb... scratch that - the AI should be renamed AU. It they are too far away when you go through a load door, it may take them a while to figure out what they're doing. Do some tests - if it works reliably when the NPC is close by, then the package is working. :)

It seems to work when you go in the first time, and then if you leave (He'll follow me back outside) and go back in, he's gone and I have to fast travel to bring him back.

It wouldn't be such a problem if I could just get the spell to work...It sets a global value to 1 that tells the follower to move-to the player and set it to 0. I bet if I could get the spell to move the follower himself, then I could probably make a pseudo-ability to get him inside. Sadly any attempts at doing that seem to move the player to himself and not the follower...

Get rid of Must Complete and Must Reach Location. In theory, they should have no effect on a Follow package. In practise, who knows what they'll do.

Also, is it possible to merge the two follow packages into one? It's possible that there is a significant delay between "finishing the outdoors follow package" and "starting the indoors follow package". By significant, I mean around 5 minutes or so!

Yeah I already took care of it. I originally had one but then I made the other because I thought he kept falling through the ground. Turns out it was just that the original path markers were way underground. :D

If I was never told about the path-grids I might have never found them. :)

You've been helping me out a lot, I'd give you a kudos, but keeps asking me to log in to the Skyrim Nexus. :D

Edited by scarycave