Problem

Systex

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/2081793/480/Picture-Box/problem-solved.jpg?v0

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite since you just nuked 1/3 of the world's oil supply and kicked up enough dust and debris to plunge the Earth into an early ice age and kill off or cover most of Europe, Central Asia, Russia, and Northern Africa. Nevermind the impact that such a thing might have on the volcanic and geological state of that region which could easily lead to mass-eruptions and earthquakes world wide.

The problem that this solves... Is humanity.

Not quite since you just nuked 1/3 of the world's oil supply and kicked up enough dust and debris to plunge the Earth into an early ice age and kill off or cover most of Europe, Central Asia, Russia, and Northern Africa. Nevermind the impact that such a thing might have on the volcanic and geological state of that region which could easily lead to mass-eruptions and earthquakes world wide.

One could argue that the planet would be better off without us..... :D

Edited by HeyYou

One could argue that the planet would be better off without us..... :D

One could... But then there would be nobody around to argue after that.

It would also make the world a quite boring place. Not that it's necessarily fun now, just that it has this sense of not being quite boring enough to be officially bored.

I often wonder what the people who say "wouldn't the world be better of without people" would do with themselves if they were made correct (assuming, of course, that they were allowed to live for an extra week, say, before they, too, were killed as being part of that collective called people...?

Food for thought. :wallbash:

The reason it is not officially bored is that it hasn't enough overpopulation. It is socially boring because most people tend to come along always the same kind of people that always do the similar pattern of thinking.

Perhaps 90% less people on that planet could change that.

Another approach might be found in the old movie Silent Running from 1972.

In case of me alone on a planet I fear that I would be discovered after a relative period of peace by group female aliens ... my personal horror nightmare then begins and i awake with cold sweat and think to me self "Gosh and it started all so nice!"

:facepalm:

Edit:

For better understanding of the last click on the spoiler it gives the impression of both extremes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh1Mhaw_Btk

For English lyrics click on the spoiler:

Roger Cicero – Take the shoes off! Lyric

I'm a collector, a hunter

a good provider/breadwinner

a screwdriver, a turner

a really-early-riser

a broker a seller

an intellectual

a helper a healer

basically a sexy-man

a researcher, a rescuer

a neat jet-setter

a Don Juan

a picture of a man

like that i stand in front of you

and i hear

take off the shoes!

bring the garbage out!

take care of the child!

and clean up here!

don't go too late!

not again until 1

I understand what you say

but not what you mean

i'm a poet, a thinker

a judge, a hangman

a singer, a lover

the man in the cover

i'm a striker, a player

an ideal of many

a master a winner

the highest league

i take myself as a runner

an expert, an aficionado

a gangster, a bringer

a real evil Finger

The best in Team

the head of the Regime

functionary, officer

what do you tell me?

refrain

Edited by SilverDNA

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/2081793/480/Picture-Box/problem-solved.jpg?v0

Congratulations, seeing as to how we broke the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons Treaty of 1968, which bans the building, distribution, and launching of nuclear weapons, which we formed and agreed to, an all out nuclear war is imminent. North Korea and China now have an excuse to nuke the hell out of us, and who knows how India and Pakistan will take advantage of this nuclear exchange. It's like the Fallout series all over again. There's a reason why we haven't dropped a sun on the Middle East, and this is the primary reason why:

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/nuclear-explosion-in-los-angeles.jpg

Edited by Keanumoreira

A nuclear event is pretty much guaranteed sometime in the not so distant future. What with various unstable/belligerent regimes developing nukes (supposedly), eventually, some flavor of weapon is going to find its way into the hands of someone willing it use it. What happens from there is anyones guess.

an all out nuclear war is imminent. North Korea and China now have an excuse to nuke the hell out of us

Do you have any idea of those countries' nuclear capabilities? They're pathetic. And do you really think that they both want to nuke us at any moment but are being stopped by a treaty – one which NK already withdrew from ten years ago?

Why are you fantasizing so hard about "real-world Fallout" that you're willing to completely ignore reality?