MGE XE Error (0xc000007b).

D3SOL4TE

Is anyone able to help I'm trying to get Morrowind to work with MGE XE but I just get the following error message when attempting to launch the game.

"That the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I've performed a clean install of Windows in attempt to fix the issue and while it did work initially, after installing Bitdefender I get the above error message, though it doesn't seem to be specifically caused by Bitdefender because I performed another clean install prior to this one and Morrowind was working with MGE XE before I installed CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack).

Looking for the error on the Interwebs that seems to be caused by missing runtimes. Do you get the message just trying to run Morrowind?

Can't remember what MGE XE is built in, could be worth downloading all the latest VC++ runtimes though - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

If you're on 64bit OS get both 32bit and 64bit runtimes, as they're for the executable not the OS.

Other thing which is a maybe is disabling DEP for morrowind.exe (if you've configured DEP for all applications)

Thanks for the replies. I did find a workaround where by I have to remove the "dinput8.dll" file from my Morrowinds main directory inorder for Morrowind to launch but then it just means I have to place it back whenever I need to configure anything with MGE XE.

I have the latest Visual C++ Redistributables installed and I have tried disabling DEP for Morrowind already as well as other possible solutions I found online but nothing seems to work. :sad:

What macro function? I have tried installing DirectX 9 as instructed on MGE XEs mod page. Windows 10 apparently already comes with it preinstalled anyway.

It doesn't matter whether it is pre-installed or not you must install DirectX 9.0c manually as it is cumalative, which means you can install it regardless what DirectX you have installed and doing that won't have any bad side affects.

I also suggest that you follow my quick guide for MGE/MGE-XE (just replace MGE with MGE-XE and that should work) about how to install or reinstall or uninstall.

I've tested it myself and never failed for a couple of years now.

Edited by leonardo2

What macro function? I have tried installing DirectX 9 as instructed on MGE XEs mod page. Windows 10 apparently already comes with it preinstalled anyway.

It doesn't matter whether it is pre-installed or not you must install DirectX 9.0c manually as it is cumalative, which means you can install it regardless what DirectX you have installed and doing that won't have any bad side affects.

I also suggest that you follow my quick guide for MGE/MGE-XE (just replace MGE with MGE-XE and that should work) about how to install or reinstall or uninstall.

I've tested it myself and never failed for a couple of years now.

I followed that guide and received the same error message. Microsoft .NET Framework 4 doesn't install as it's already installed (see attachment).