ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Skyrim crashing with no error

scott913

Halp! I've updated my graphics drivers to their latest revision, run BOSS and came up with 0 errors, toggled mods on and off. What can I upload to this topic to help people help me? I have around 113 mods installed so something is being a pain but I'm not sure what...

I turned off all my mods and it still crashes. I redownloaded SKSE and it still crashes. Validated all my files with none missing and it still crashes :/. What is going on?

Toggling off your mods often does not remove the mods effects. With 113 mods, there is a good chance you are running mods with scripts that are not removed by deactivation, and must be correctly uninstalled following the specific mod author's instructions in order to avoid long-lasting and possibly irreparable problems. It is possible that removing a mod incorrectly was the cause of what you are experiencing.

Does your modcrash in-game, or at load? CTDs can be caused by a number of things, including mod conflict, incorrect install/uninstall/load order and your hardware.

If in game, is it at different locations, the same locations? When doing a specific thing? After a certain period of time?

Some people have found this thread useful.

Did your game ever work correctly? What did you change just before the problem started?

Did you update your drivers correctly (if you have NVidia, look here for the correct install procedure--many people don't know it has changed.

There is nothing that you can install to fix your problem. Depending on the nature of your crashes, you will have to do some work to identify and then repair the issue. However with some more information, someone might be able to help you with this.

Well it crashes before the game even loads. This only happened after skyrim patched itself to 1.6. I've never had issues before that time had the same basic mods installed. At first I uninstalled any mods that would edit game files and then deleted those making sure steam would verify the integrity of the game cache thereby creating the original files that I needed. Besides texture flashing this is the first real issue I've had with skyrim. I used CC cleaner to clean up and loose registry files that might be hurting it. My equipment is not the issue surely as I have well over what meets the demand to run skyrim. My drivers are up to date and I'm a fairly proficient PC user so I know both my mods and my drivers have all been installed perfectly. To pinpoint the crash exactly I'll launch skyrim and it'll get past either the SKSE cmd bit or the skyrim launcher box and then when the game launches it freezes and dies. In fallout whenever this happened it seemed to be a mod comparability issue but as I stated earlier I've checked all my mods off and used BOSS to make sure I have no conflicts. Hopefully that helps a little bit.