[WIP] Travel To Cyrodiil

deamonata

• 3 weeks later...
sorry about the slow reply, I don't check the nexus often, it would be better to ask questions on our official forums. Our fist instalment will be Bruma and the surrounding areas including cloud ruler temple, we till then do each of the major cities and the roads and finally populate it with lots more content. each instalment will include new quests and locations, and we hope to release frequently. We would still love more people to join the team so if you are interested head on over

Recreating Cyrodiil?

So basically your talking of re-making TES4...I think that might be too ambitious personally, it can take over a week to fully build one or two cells so and entire world will be months if not over a year!

I would tone it down so that you can think of a realistic date and the team doesn't fall apart over time. I only say this because i've seen it happen several times before with smaller projects.

• 10 months later...

We're not doing a remake of TESIV in the Skyrim engine. We will be creating the landmass, and populating it, but the mod will be set contemporary with the events in Skyrim. We realize how long it's going to take; we've already been working on it for months. The time isn't a large concern, though; we've plenty of time.

Just curious have you got Bruma started yet?

There are models prepared for Bruma architecture, and it will be one of the first things done.

- Eric Blank/Tennae

I've noticed some talk about other provinces in here. Every Province has a team right now except Alinor/Somerset Isles and Black Marsh. Some are farther along than others. Hammerfell and Morrowind are not far behind High Rock and Cyrodiil (in fact, some folks on DC want me to make a post like this for Morrowind, but I'm not quite ready, yet). Valenwood's still in the early planning stages, and Elsweyr's been hitting the snooze button while Morcroft is working rejiggering the heightmap (Havok issues are keeping us from having a borderless Tamriel, so we're having to break up the continent into a few different world spaces).

There is a lot of coordination between the current teams. While I may be building the Firewatch kit for Morrowind's imperial settlements and fortifications, it's a bit of a wishlist for all things Imperial - so Team Cyrodiil does have sizable influence on it. Most of the assets either incorporated from other modder's resources (with permission, of course) or created fresh for Beyond Skyrim are being merged into one of the biggest asset libraries ever available to a modding team. I know that it's rare for any super-mod like this to succeed - the odds are against it, what with people coming and going, and real life's tendencies to get in the way - but we've a great group of modders that are a bit too stubborn to give up no matter what problems crop up.

• 8 months later...