Ain't that a Kick in the Head?

tokyobiohazard

"Axelle, come in. you still there?"

Cathy continued talking on the walkie talkie, nodding in confirmation of Versing's idea of "A dangerous plan"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If its any comfort, the Legion are probably letting Tenpenny die a slow, painful death. By starvation or infection. They might even burn him when he's about to die of either." Versing wasn't amused. He didn't like the sound of Tenpenny, but nobody deserved to go out like that, not even Caesar himself. After all, Caesar used to be a Follower of the Apocalypse. At least then he probably helped people. Versing leaned in and spoke quickly into the walkie-talkie.

"Hey, guys, when we're all gathered, we need to discuss our plans about dealing with the Legion. They'll probably be getting reinforcements soon, and their leader is quite capable. We can't just go in guns blazing. Oh, and whoever it was that had the Pip-Boy, might want to radio in to Galaxy News Radio the story of what happened, and some warning about the Legion. If the people can't recognize a Legionairie, they can't shoot at one."

Edited by Flipout6

Zane had finished what he needed to trade from his travels. Satisfied from today's massive profits then he normally gets from his goods. Packing up again as he watched the all too happy settlers returning with their new found items, mostly just plain stuff, but new stuff nonetheless. He smiled lightly as he saw the kids playing with a couple toys that he found in Maryland earlier that week. Mostly, it was creatures from another era, Dinosaurs? Was that what they were called? Zane tried to think, but couldn't. Forgetting the thought, he turned around, getting ready to leave until he saw a group of people gathered right outside of the settlement. Curiously settled on him, but it was probably not his business. Continuing on, he neared the group. Of course, Zane couldn't help but over hear what they were saying. However, what stopped him dead in his tracks was that the Legion has taken over Tenpenny Tower... perfect. That was actually going to be his next stop, since the people there normally had much more caps then most people, and would pay much higher for ammo and such. Zane slowly turned to face the group, and approached them, hoping that he could get some answers.

Zane finally approached the group, and was about to ask about the Legion occupied tower, only to stop dead as he noticed the man, with an eye-patch in front of his eye and having multiple claw wounds. It could have been from anything, really. But, he figured they were from a Deathclaw, since the claw marks were much bigger then what a Mole Rat or whatever else was out in the Wastes. Zane shook his head, and lightly spoke, "Excuse me, but I couldn't help but over hear someone saying something about the Legion taking over Tenpenny Tower... is that true?" He asked, with his eyebrows furrowed.

Versing snapped his head to look at this newcomer, alert for any sign of trouble. He seemed to be making a habit out of this.

"Yeah. Ask any of the cheery band over there." He indicated Herbert Dashwood and the other Tenpenny survivors. " Look at them, they're shot to pieces. They'll tell you the whole story. Hey, before you go, how the hell is it you know about the Legion? Have you been a couple provinces Westward?" He asked this newcomer warily. He didn't like the look of that crossbow.

Edited by Flipout6

Zane slightly leaned back as the man suddenly snapped his head at him. Half expecting him to pull out a knife, or a pistol and shoot him, or stab him. The man explained that the other group of people were the only survivors of the raid. Saddened by this, Zane frowned. He knew the Legion were ruthless, and kill innocence almost all the time, but why were they way out here? He thought they didn't get this far out yet. Sighing, he looked at the man as he asked him if he's been Westward. "Yes, I've traveled to the West Coast and back. I'm a Scavenger, and a trader. I Scavenge what I can and sell it to the people that need it the most. I generally sell stuff here, Rivet City, Tenpenny Tower, and other settlements," Zane replied, he noticed the man was looking at his crossbow on his back, and chuckled slightly, "Don't worry, I'm not here to start shooting at people, I'm Zane by the way," He added, holding out his hand.

Versing took his hand, and shook it.

"Have you met the NCR? Because I'm with them, or used to be. I'm Versing. Josepher Versing. Former NCR Master Corporal. Pleased to meet you, or I will be once your crossbow stops scaring me." It was the first time he had made an attempt at a joke in a while, and he almost smiled.

Axelle stared down at the walkie for a moment, still breathing heavily, and looked back up at the Legionnaire. She pressed the button. "They... They already went inside. They left me outside with the pris--" She looked back into the bright green eyes of the prisoner, and cursed at herself for seeing him as a human being. She took her finger off the button. "What's your name? You're pretty much screwed if you don't cooperate and screwed if you do cooperate, so why not just take the path with less torture?"

He looked up at her with distaste, his short-cropped brown hair covered in a fine layer of dust from lying on his back. "Ferox Scylax Octavius."

She pressed the button again. "I can send the dogs in for the others, but it might take a while."

While they waited for an answer, Ferox parted his cracked lips and licked them slightly to keep them from sticking together. He then looked at Axelle, "I only saved you because I didn't want to die at the hands of a junkie. It's a disgraceful way to die, even for a profligate like yourself."

"And you too. You didn't kill yourself, you worthless piece of trash," Axelle playfully retorted with a wink.

Morgan started to wake up, and instinctly wanted to rub his yes like he usualy would, but then he remembered what happened earlier and decided that it would be an bad idea, instead he looked at the people carrying them, looking for answers "Where are we? I don't recognise this place"

It was obvious that morgan was tired after all that had happened, you could tell on his slightly slurred speech

"Could someone clean up my face a bit? I got blood in my good eye"

Axelle mentioned that she had been left alone with the prisoner over the radio. Versing swore under his breath.

"Cathy, can you pass me the walkie-talkie, please? After I speak to Axelle real quick, We need to get Morgan to the doctor's." He didn't like that Axelle had been left alone with a highly dangerous Legion Assassin. "Oh, yeah, one second, Morgan." He said. He pulled his hand into his sleeve and wiped Morgan's face a little with the cleanest section of sleeve he could find. "We're at New Fairfax. I'll tell you why everyone looks so worried later, when you don't look almost as dead as Sandro." He looked around. "Oh right, radio."

Edited by Flipout6

"Fairfax Cecilla Octopus? What kind of a name is that? Who would name themselves after an extinct pre-War see creature, a town and a woman? Btw, Axelle, these talkies give off some sound even if the button's not pressed. Hence how I heard is name. Axelle, do we still have the Legion Uniforms from the guys we killed? One of us looted some in hopes to sell, but we may need them."

She took her own finger off the button, and offered a hand to the new guy.

"Catherine Drake. Cathy. Former Brotherhood of Steel Initate. Our group's kind of a mixed basket, clearly."