I am completely done with Fallout 4 updates, lol

lefttounge

I have read multiple times in pc magazines, that mods will come for F76 (and I trust them more as MXR) - with the restriction to privat servers and micro transactions we already have in Skyrim and Fallout with the Creation Club^^. I bet, they give there store in F76 just a other name, but they will still sell the same. Aka. a ton of weapon and armor skins.

At the end I only can say, that I don't think that Fallout 76 will have a big impact on Fallout 4 or maybe someday 5.

Edited by taryl80

Mods are optional, Bethesda is not sabotaging F4SE or any mods by updating their game. Chill the hell out. At most you have to wait like a day or two for most of the F4SE mods to update anyway.

@Everybody

Yeah none of that works for me.

I still get a $ in front of overlays, :hurr:

My presets are all blurred out and dont work. I am unable to have tattoos, even after uninstalling, reinstalling, replacing, fiddling, all of the above.

Its crap af, and steam files constantly replace themselves.

My skepticism is quite high with this statement, weird.

@CiderMuffin

Yeah, I don't by that. T_T

Bethesda has nothing to gain by making mods break, it's something that happens for a lot of games. In fact Bethesda games are the most stable it gets when it comes to mods and updating, take for instance Stellaris which has a ton of mods you can no longer use because the mod makers simply haven't updated them.

F4SE on the other hand is different from standard because of how it's programmed. It's not an intentional thing, just a fact we have to deal with as Bethesda updates their games, script intensive stuff like F4SE will always break when it comes to updates. If anything we should be angry that the updates aren't fixing bigger problems for the game.

Before CC I copied all my Fallout 4 files to a portable HD.

If there is an update to the game mine will not load. All I do is overweight any new files and I am back up & running again.

All you have to do is stop using mods the use a higher version of F4se that you already have.

I do this with Skyrim SE as well.

We can't make them stop, but we can stop being a victim of it.

Later

yeah, a lot of people have sort of abandoned their mods and an updated version of F4SE might break that mod if they dont ever plan on updating. Rolling back is an option either with back ups you have made yourself or getting them online. It is frustrating at times when you need to do like an hours worth of stuff just to get the game working again. My advice would be to turn of the steam updates for FO4 coz all you are going to get now is CC stuff. If you want that stuff on the Creation Club, then update your Fo4 with steam but be prepared to wait for a F4SE update that has the posiblillity of making something stop working.

If I started a new Load order I would probably remove mods that require F4SE. atm, I don't even know which mods I have that need it but I think there is quite a few.

I hadn't updated FO4 in ages thru steam but something happened where somehow, I accidentally did, or settings were reverted to default in steam or something like that.. anyway, things still work fine.

I guess then there is also the possiblity of newer mods that require a later version of SE to not work properly either.. idk. its all a balancing act that I know very little about. as long as my game isn't crashing, I'm happy.