Issue with mod textures FO3WE

tetradite

Hi all,

Just started on FO3 and have an issue with mod textures not appearing correctly/cycling through the "wrong textures". I believe I have tried the obvious/noob error fixes for this.

What I HAVE done, and info on what I'm running.

- The only mods I have currently (and have never installed any others) are FO3 wanderers edition (inc the hotfix patch) and MTC Wasteland Travellers.

- I have all DLCs (GOTY edition).

- Specifically the textures I have an issue with are the alternative travel motorbike and weapons from FO3WE. The bike textures are always broken, but the weapons are wierd: when equipped by the PC they work correctly (in 1st and 3rd person) but when dropped from the inventory or equipped by NPC they go back to cycling through random textures.

- I do have archiveinvalidation (tried using through FOMM, and through the seperate mod program for it) and tried every possible combination of toggling on/off before/after mod installs.

- I am installed to the default Steam directory (Program Files x86 as I'm Win 7) but I have User Account Control OFF.

- I've tried reinstalls of the mods.

- I do have the latest FOSE and latest FO3, and have tried launching with FOSE and launching without it makes no difference.

- My load order is BOSS sorted.

It's not game breaking by any means, but it is irritating the hell out of me.

Any advice gratefully received. Happy to post any more info you need.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by tetradite

tetradite - Hello!

I remember someone having a simillar problem a while back with the textures in FWE.

The problem sounded like classic archive invalidation issues (as does yours) except they had taken care of that (as have you).

BlackRampage got to the bottom of it by finding this link:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/249837-textures-are-bad/page__view__findpost__p__2494941

Seems it's easy to not unpack all the textures properly, could be the trouble you are having as the only textures acting up are your FWE ones.

Hope this helps!

Prensa