My followers walk on their shield

Wistipouf

My followers are walking on their shield... There's not really more to say, and even if I remove the shield from their inventory, the bug stay there. A little help would be appreciated :happy:

EDIT: I just noticed that others NPC have this bug.

RE-EDIT: The bug was caused by the mod Dual Sheath plus Shields on Back. Finally, I asked for help for nothing

Edited by Wistipouf

First of all, I must say, this is one of the funnier looking bugs I've seen in a while.

As for fixing it, the only thing that I can think of would be that it may be affected by a mod which alters either animations or the character skeleton. If you have any mods that have anything to do with those, you may try uninstalling them, and see if that helps. In order for others to perhaps help you further, you could post a list of any mods you are using, if any. Also, is your Skyrim up to date?

• 1 year later...

may I ask what this fix was? I have the same issue.

If you're using DSpSoB - Dual Sheath plus Shield on Back here's the solution.

Troubleshooting/FAQ

Q. Oh no my shield is on the ground / my weapon is on the ground.

A. DSpSoB is not compatible with custom skeleton mods. To fix this you can delete following files:

\Data\Meshes\actors\Character\character assets\skeleton.nif

\Data\Meshes\actors\Character\character assets\skeletonbeast.nif

\Data\Meshes\actors\Character\character assets female\skeleton_female.nif

\Data\Meshes\actors\Character\character assets female\skeletonbeast_female.nif

Also place DSpSoB last in load order.

:laugh: Love it! Ive had floating horses, floating followers, etc in the past, so understand! Maybe your NPCs are trying to skim-shield instead of skim-board? Yeah, I lived near the ocean, so guilty as charged!

Glad you discovered the issue!