ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Who's pumped for Fable 2?

jojo man

Hey folks. If you're like me, than you had a blast playing Fable on the original Xbox, or on your home PCs. As great as the game was, many players felt that the developers didn't deliver on many promises. This has supposedly been addressed in the upcoming sequel. I'll probably buy this the second I can clasp my greedy claws on a copy. What about you? If you're wanting to learn a little about it, then here is the Wiki article:

Contains Spoilers

Wiki article

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe, if they port it to PC. And if they wait more than a month to do it then I expect something extra to be added and/or the price to be dropped, otherwise you're paying full price for an old product and that's just a blatant rip-off. I never support games that do that.

until this thread i wasnt even aware that there was going to be a fable 2

and nor doi care i didnt think much of the first one i doubt my opinion will differ greatly with the second one

I loved Fable, maybe because it was the first game I played wher you could choose the alignment of your hero properly. And it had a frying pan.

I didn't muh like The Lost Chapters storyline as much as the first one, though the Summoners were great enemies and

i enjoyed slaughtering the good heroes for their souls

Fable 2 is one the top of my list, especially because of the co-op they've added (and they have a sandgoose!). Also, no matter what people say, nothing is more evil than throwing your faithful, trusted canine companion off a cliff. Nothing.

I cant wait for the second one. This time being able to have a child and the child's attitude and behavior being based off of your alignment meter. This is going to be great.

seeing is still believing

anmd i also belive kotor was there first with the whole choosing alignment through the course of actions thing

or possibly baldurs gate or neverwinternights

bioware has a hand in recyceling their games bit like rockstar

I've never understood how so many people could get behind Fable. My experience with the first game was disappointing. Then entire notion of alignment for which it's praised has been handled much better in other games, I feel. As for Fable 2, I've already seen one or two preview videos and will watch newer material in the near future. As it stands now I'm neither enthused or looking forward to it.

Bluekatt, i said clearly itwas the first game I played. I was mainly a shooter person until a few years ago, when a friend introduced me to Fable, which got me onto RPG games. I've played Baldurs gate and KOTOR, but Fable I played first.

I also liked the graphics style. They were much more bright and colourful, which is a lovely change in the darker world of games like Call of Duty, Medal of Honour, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after reading up on some of the features, it seems they've really only upgraded the core functions of the first game to appropriate for the sequel...

...which is not so bad. Actually, I always said, "If the [nagging feature here] was a bit better..." and it seems they've decided to do just that. While I wasn't quite impressed with the original Fable, I feel that maybe this sequel could better address the problems I had with the first one so I'm willing to give it a shot. Count me as leaning towards enthusiasm.

Fable is a great game, it has a great story line and lush invironments, it also had many bugs and missing content, but it still managed to keep its coolness. Hopefully fable 2 will be even better.

Archived