ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Have been very careful with my mods and getting CTD.. end of log here

forthemods08

try disabling all your mods then enable them one by one till it happens again, i do it in groups of 5 then break it down further when it trips. its what i always do, im able to diagnose and repair i about 10-20 min

Are you reloading old save games after reinstalling Skyrim? Mods will leave things in the save game, even after they are deactivated and uninstalled, and the content will propagate to future save games even when the mod is no longer around. And this will cause problems. I've seen them in the papyrus log file.

yes, when I wrote

completely uninstall the game, including the delete local content thing on steam and then manually checking your computer to make sure all skyrim folders are removed.
I intended it to include savegame files, but I should have specified. Thank you for pointing that out....absolutely a critical step.

Heres something I tried.. I did a clean install of the game with no mods, and decided to load up my previous save (only level 5) with the flying broomstick mod... Im using that as a CTD test because I can cover a lot of the map quickly.. I was able to fly around for about 10 minutes and I thought I was in the clear but then got a CTD near Whiterun.. so it MUST be something in my old save...

Any way of finding what it was? I did not uninstall/reinstall a lot of mods... like I said it was a clean install and fresh install of mods

I think that big mods like SkyMo and DD can cause problems, particularly if not meticulously installed exactly according to the mod author's instructions....but one of the problems with installing a lot of mods like that is that they affect the world space, and if 2 mods affect the same file, you can get a crash. I have both of those mods and they are doing fine for me, but honestly I don't have the latest version of wither, because I am on level 56 with this character and I don't want to mess with what is working for me.

I think you might consider, when you are putting back your mods, that you might start first with the mods you think are absolutely essential, and then try to see what other mods you can get to work with those. If you are using steam workshop for any mods, personally I think that can be part of the problem, because of the automatic updating... a mod might be suddenly updated and then start to cause conflicts and you might not even realize it had been updated.

Good luck!

that is what is so disheartening here... i read every single mod authors instructions and stick to nexus only minus a couple of workshop exclusives (armor, music replacer) that wouldnt have anything to do with CTDs. Will report back tonight after more testing.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...