Anonymous are taking down white supremacist websites

Werne

Well, as it turns out, Anonymous decided to perform an attack on Ku Klux Klan's and other white supremacist websites, including the German neo-Nazi party website and American Nazi Party. It's a part of an Operation Blitzkrieg (or opBlitzkrieg) and there's even a Twitter account posting news about these attacks. I know most of the news about Anonymous are attacks on FBI and stuff like that but this is totally different.

Source of information.

My opinion:

Good job and truly awesome, they earned my respect. I just hope they'll keep doing it because racism is wrong. I'm caucasian, but I truly HATE racism and all that "white supremacy" crap, people of all races are free to live however they want and have equal rights (that's how it should be). What I don't get is, why hate on people just because they have a different color of their skin and what makes them think white people are "supreme" to all other races? I really don't understand that and I doubt I ever will.

Anyway, I truly support this action, Nazi ideology should've died with Hitler and his Third Reich but unfortunately it didn't, Anonymous are at least fighting against them a bit. Even if it's for the wrong cause, it's the right thing to do, at least in my opinion.

And yeah, I know people have right to have their own opinions but opinions like these killed millions. I don't consider them good opinions.

So, what's your opinion on Operation Blitzkrieg?

And of course, if I broke any rules or posted anything considered inapropriate, moderators are free to punish me.

Edited by Werne

I enjoy when they hit any radicals website. Next target, black panthers :D

But seriously. Many laws allow people to do and believer whatever they want, and while its obvious some things shouldnt be allowed, (which is usaully what makes people want to join it) giving someone the power to stop it would easily be abused, as is everything else in the world.

i was especially proud when they hit the Westboro Baptist Church. Once I read into that, and saw what that church does, I could care less if they all died in a fire >.> picketing soldiers funerals is NOT ok.

How much do you want to bet that the KKK complains that anonymous is limiting their freedom of speech? Wouldn't that be hilarious.

But way to go, anonymous! I always loved you guys! +1 from me.

Respect to them in principle for this. My enemy's enemy is my friend style of thing.

Practically speaking... not sure. Far-right groups feed on people's (perceived) sense of alienation and persecution, this is only likely to strengthen that. The kind of nutters who are in these organisations will look at this and say "you see, people can't handle our truth".

And there's the old line about "first they came for xxxx and I did not speak out because I was not a xxxx". Be careful how loud you cheer when you don't know who the next target is, and if you want to protect yourself, protect everyone, even the people you despise.

Then I flip around again, because these tactics are NOTHING compared to the tactics employed by supremacists, so they deserve what they get in that sense too.

Really not sure. My gut feeling is "damn right too", my considered response is a lot more complicated.

Edited by tetradite