Model request - Katana with near-transparent blade

Campaigner

Normally I stray away from Oriental-themed things in western games. Katanas are quite the topic for me in this regard; there's a race who mimics the Oriental people of old, and katanas exist in Tamriel. Problem is, most modded Katanas are too inspired by anime, not real ones; those kind I avoid.

...At least until now.

There's this anime called Katanagatari (Literally "Sword Story). It's about a dude who is a sword that goes and collects a bunch of swords. Each episode aired per month, a total of a full year. Each episode had its own "katana", which was often something other than a typical sword, such as a dagger or a robot doll. One sword caught my attention, especially due to the incredible episode it was shown in; a blade made entirely of glass (legit glass, not malachite or some silly mineral) that was capable of incredibly clean cuts, yet was so brittle that if misused even by a slight touch, it would shatter. The blade was as thin as a needle, hence it's name: "Hakutō Hari", or "Hari the Needle". The blade is made of glass, and its hilt white with a guard shaped like a bloomed flower. The sheath was white as well.

The sword's blade was a clear blue. Almost completely transparent, but visible enough that it was dangerous. My request is simple; a katana built like this one. There's a bajillion katana mods, and I tried editing one, but I'm an idiot when it comes to models; I can't simply make a texture with a very low alpha channel for the transparent blade, and I can't get my mind to comprehend Blender or Maya or whatever.

If someone could make this katana, and have it be properly proportioned for a 1h sword (enough room for two hands on the hilt) with a 1h and 2h variant with the same sheath animations, I'd be most appreciative.

Reference image;

http://imageshack.us/f/232/kata08.png/

Sorry for the late response. That looks absolutely fantastic. The only thing off is that the pommel should be the same width as the hilt; yours has a tiny bump, but otherwise it looks damn good. Blade MIGHT need a bit of length, but the perspective you provided might just be throwing me off. I could try to make the texture myself if you threw me a UV map for it, if you know how those work. I don't know how they're made, so if you don't, we'd need another person on that lol.

Sorry for the late response. That looks absolutely fantastic. The only thing off is that the pommel should be the same width as the hilt; yours has a tiny bump, but otherwise it looks damn good. Blade MIGHT need a bit of length, but the perspective you provided might just be throwing me off. I could try to make the texture myself if you threw me a UV map for it, if you know how those work. I don't know how they're made, so if you don't, we'd need another person on that lol.

I can UV-map it and send it to you. I'll give you some perspective as well. The pommel looked like it has some details on it but I'll remove those as well, is it also flat? Because on the model it is flat. There's a very small circle in between the square and the hilt, tell me if you don't want it.

Here's the katana next to a 2-handed claymore which I extracted from the .bsa archive

Edited by DavidD