Save Games System

jackboy61

Hello all. I have been using Vortex for the past week or and have been fiddling around with all the system. I must say I love it, A huge step in the right direction for nexus mods if you ask me.

Anyways, I have figured out almost everything I need to at this point. But one thing I still cannot figure out is the "Save Game" system... I assumed it would show my save games, But the list is empty (Even with making new saves and restarting the game etc. And my SSE is a fresh install). I noticed the import saves button and assumed that would allow me to, well, Import my saves.

Long story short: I cannot figure out the save games tab. Could someone please help me figure it out? The Documentation doesn't even mention it and it's getting to the point where I am legit going insane.

Hi i think you need to delete your other topic post you have done 2 the same lol..

As for your save games mine was working before the recent 16.10 update now it isnt..DoH

I have also had mods disappear, Only the ones downloaded through vortex whish is 30ish mods but when i download manually is says they are installed still but dont show up the 16.10 did some strange things to mostly everyone's game...Double DoH..

Edited by Rumbaz

Hi i think you need to delete your other topic post you have done 2 the same lol..

As for your save games mine was working before the recent 16.10 update now it isnt..DoH

Ah so it sounds like I just came into vortex at a time when the save system is broken? Ah well.

Currently working on deleting the other post, No idea why it posted twice. Possibly double clicked the post button, IDK.

The save system worked flawlessly for me in Vortex 0.16.8. However, some quirks seem to have crept into my v. 0.16.10. For example, if I reinstall a mod, then the game saves disappear from the Vortex saves page, although they are still present in the game saves folder. To remedy the situation, I simply enable another profile (which takes just a few seconds), and then I re-enable the original profile. Voila! My saves reappear! Whether a bug or user error, I don't know. Since it's so easy a remedy, I've just stayed with v. 10 rather than roll back to v. 8.

Another Saves Quirk.

If you use local saves and after playing for awhile with multiple saves, you exit,

and find your Saves tab is empty, look for them in the base game save location.

Click on the top Saves tab icon labeled "Transfer Save Games".

In the Import From box select "Global".

If your missing saves are there - either copy or move them as imports.

If you do this once, the problem should not reoccur.

I have always blamed this on the game getting confused by the local saves hardlink.

Edited by rmm200

Hello all. I have been using Vortex for the past week or and have been fiddling around with all the system. I must say I love it, A huge step in the right direction for nexus mods if you ask me.

Anyways, I have figured out almost everything I need to at this point. But one thing I still cannot figure out is the "Save Game" system... I assumed it would show my save games, But the list is empty (Even with making new saves and restarting the game etc. And my SSE is a fresh install). I noticed the import saves button and assumed that would allow me to, well, Import my saves.

When you switch to a profile with "This profile has its own save games" enabled (and it is the same for "This profile has its own game settings") - and bear in mind that is the default setting for the "default" profile - you need to deploy your mods if you don't have automatic deployment enabled.

If you switch the setting for a given profile, Vortex will not automatically deploy, so you will have to do it yourself for the changes to take effect.

In a nutshell: try deploying and see if your subsequent saves show up as expected.

When you switch to a profile with "This profile has its own save games" enabled (and it is the same for "This profile has its own game settings") - and bear in mind that is the default setting for the "default" profile - you need to deploy your mods if you don't have automatic deployment enabled.

If you switch the setting for a given profile, Vortex will not automatically deploy, so you will have to do it yourself for the changes to take effect.

In a nutshell: try deploying and see if your subsequent saves show up as expected.

Thinking back on it - that might be the root cause of my Quirk referenced above.

My sequence is clone profile, add mods, deploy, copy in a save game and run.

I never made the connection between save game locations and deploy before - so Thanks!

This should be in the Wiki...

• 4 years later...

I had a problem with saves, mine disappeared from the saves in vortex and it was because of the one drive was backing up my files, usually don't do that but I guess it tried to save vortex files like the mod staging folder and of course saves, and they disappeared, I did a restore of vortex from the previous day before the saves were disappeared and they did return but it really screwed up the mods I had just installed, then when launch the game it launched in a small window instead of full screen.

I use to like vortex but this time around, after all this, I don't what to do anymore. One day it''s all good then I start getting an error saying 'couldn't read errors, in which I sent diagnostic files and it couldn't find my F4SE.log file. Well, all I get from one guy is I installed it wrong, no way, I've installed F4SE on 8 computers, all worked fine, then this one, poof, nothing but problems. No one had a solution except one asked me if I could go lauch it from the launcher for F4SE and see if it works. Well, that worked, I created a short cut and the ESL mods worked but if I got too many saves the game would crash.

Now this...all because the onedrive tried to access vortex files to save them,

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix the first error so Im about to throw my hands up cuz I don't know how to fix the problem nor do I understand it. The old vortex, from a year ago worked wonderfully, but this one....grrrrrrr.