Bodyslide and CBBE drivng me insane, Vortex related? SSE

NateV8

Are you talking about game data path for bodyslide? The path was the skyrim installation path. I'm assuming you were getting at try the vortex mods folder? I tried selecting the vortex mod folders and bodyslide found nothing. This was when using the bodyslde.exe found in the vortex mods folder.

When I use the bodyslide.exe found in the skyrim installation folder (I'm assuming the 2 seperate copies are done by hardlink deployment?) and then changed the data to the vortex mod folder it found the clothing mods (Cbbe, IA, splice, mini...etc)

So I guess I should now try batching everything using bodyslide with the data files being accessed from the vortex mod folder??

My apologies if I wasn't clear in my question. I'm asking what is shown in the Data Files box in the BodySlide settings menu. Do you see in that box all the meshes and textures that you require? If the Data Files box is not populated correctly, then there may be something amiss with your game data path.

If the game data path is correct, then I'm at a loss as to how to help you resolve your issue. I wish I could help, but my BodySlide expertise does not extend much beyond what I've already said.

Oh sorry! No the data files box is blank. Which I know it wasn't at one point as I remember a lot of files listed in that data box.....but now it is.

So what now?

In the BodySlide settings menu under "Game," what is the "Target Game" shown, and what is the "Game Data Path" shown?

Target game is skyrim special edition and game data path is installed skyrim special edition path

What is the exact wording for the game data path? Also, under "Reference Skeleton," what is shown for "File" and for "Root Node?"

The fact that your data files box is empty means that BodySlide does not know where your game meshes and textures are located. The point of my questions is to find out why BodySlide does not see those data files.

Game Path

D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\

Reference skeleton

res\skeleton_female_sse.nif

Root

NPC Root [Root]

Your game path is not complete. It should look like this - D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\ Once you've entered the complete path you should see your mesh and texture files in the BodySlide data files box.

By the way, the incomplete path is not a Vortex issue. It's a BodySlide issue. Somewhere along the way BodySlide got confused.

Yes that brought the data back. I say back because they were there before, I didn't realize the path had to be exact when I started messing around with it last night.

I've given up at this point. This should be pretty straight forward. I've even tried just one vanilla replacer (CBBE+bodyslide) and tried adjusting, then batching and then deploying (with all data files listed) and nothing changed in game. minidresses and spice gear are also not replacing anything. Very confusing

I’m having almost this exact same issue as well... I get the vanilla CBBE outfits in the Data Files box, but when I add additional clothes or armor, they don’t show up in the Data Files box.

(If it makes any difference, I just got Skyrim SE within the last week, I used Vortex to install all game mod files, including BodySlide, XPMSSE, FNIS, but not SKSE64. I’m not a total novice; I used NMM to mod FO4, have used BodySlide before, but I’m not a mod guru at all.)

I’m at lunch right now, will try to use above information (provided by Augusta, thank you!) to try a fix when I get home.

Question about a potential solution: if a Vortex BodySlide mod install places the Vanilla outfits in an accessible location for BodySlide, but not any other added outfit mods, won’t pointing BodySlide at a new location lose the vanilla outfits? And if you start tinkering with Vortex installed file locations, it seems to get finicky.

Long question longer, can’t I use Vortex to uninstall BodySlide and install it again manually? IIRC, it doesn’t need to be in your mod manager, it’s just a tool, and you can point it in the direction of the mesh/texture files. Then I just access BodySlide externally? Is that right?

Also, thanks to both for all input in this thread... :)