Dragonborn conquers Skyrim

JasperBark

Yes I know this has been requested a lot but I really want this to happen.I have a few ideas that should be relatively reasonable and still deliver quite a bit of content for the player and their Ideals.

How I see this starting off is after player is called by the greybeards or after retrieving the horn of they ask you to get, a random custom voiced stranger appears in front of the dragonborn and offers to help him/her raise an army to takeover skyrim. Of course, the player can put this off for as long as they wish and the stranger will wait patiently until you are ready. After the first encounter the stranger will give you a spell or power to teleport him/her to you regardless of what your answer was during that encounter. Of course, after accepting the proposal the player is locked out of joining the civil war and fail any civil war mission you are currently on if you already joined. The available soldiers of your army are determined by your choices throughout your play-through. Npcs with a good disposition toward you and of a high enough level of courage can be recruited directly, except for children. Standard nord, breton, and imperial warriors will be available by default and will be recruited by the stranger while you go off doing your own thing ,of course you need some funds to do so. The default equipment for your army is leather and iron but can be upgraded be investing gold to the stranger and they will handle the equipping process. I will list the other recruitable factions and their requirements and compatibility with other factions below. Soldiers need to be paid for of course.

Alik'r warriors: recruitable after turning in Saadia to Kematu. Sets default one-handed weapons for all soldiers to scimitars.

Orc warriors: recruitable after besting an orc chief in a fist fight or after receiving Volendrung. Strongholds all become bases.

Companions: recruitable after becoming harbinger. Makes nord soldiers cheaper and sets default armor to the wolf armor.

Khajiit soldiers: recruitable after helping any caravan member. More caravans will show up in skyrim and will defend the player to the death.

Dunmer soldiers: recruitable after completing either Azura's, Mephala's, or Boethia's quest or after reopening Ravenrock mine. Will occasionally have ebony equipment regardless of current established gear.

Argonian soldiers: recruitable if any argonian in Windhelm or Riften likes you. Won't work with dunmer soldiers.

Bosmer soldiers: recruitable if 2 wood elves in skyrim like you, 1 if you are a bosmer. Will have animals and spriggans fight with you as well.

Altmer soldiers: recruitable if 1 high elf likes you. Will come with glass or elven weapons by default.

Thalmor soldiers: recruitable if you helped Ondolemar turn in Ogmund. Default equipment for all soldiers is set to elven or glass and thalmor embassy becomes a base. Won't work with Alik'r warriors.

Giants: recruitable if you have 20000 gold to give to the stranger. Mammoths will aid in combat as well.

Silver hand: recruitable if you aren't a companion. Will carry silver swords. You will have to kill the companions as a show of good faith.

Forsworn: recruitable after freeing Madanach. Hagravens and briarhearts will aid in combat as well. Won't work with nords.

Falmer: recruitable if you have illusion perk "master of the mind", you will receive a spell to ally wispmothers from the stranger, you will need to tame 2 of them. then numerous falmer, skeevers, spiders, chaurus, and wispmothers will aid you in battle. All falmer lairs will act as bases. Won't work with any human factions except for the forsworn and silver hand.

Necromancers: recruitable if conjuration skill is 100. Skeletons, ghosts, draugr, and dragon priests(few) will aid in battle. All necromancer lairs will act as bases. Won't work with thalmor, silver hand, companions, orc warriors, Alik'r warriors, or bosmer soldiers.

Vampires: recruitable of you become the lord of castle Volkihar. Thralls aid in battle. Sun is automatically blocked out whenever they try to take a city. All vampire lairs will act as bases. Won't work with thalmor, silver hand, companions, Alik'r warriors, or bosmer soldiers.

Dark Brotherhood: adds no soldiers but allows assassination attempts if the player finishes the DB quest-line. Won't work with companions or Alik'r warriors.

Dragons: recruitable after Alduin is dead. More will show up if you defeat Miraak. Will work with anyone regardless of any affiliations.

Now onto religious stuff. Choosing a religion isn't necessary, however it offers buffs to sum or all factions and excludes others. Not all deities are compatible with each other. I will list the available deities and their effects below and try to keep them as balanced as possible.

Eight Divines: Thalmor and imperials gain plus 100 points to health, stamina, and magicka. Vampires, forsworn, necromancers, and the dark brotherhood won't be available if this religion is chosen.

Nine Divines: Nords and imperials gain plus 100 points to health, stamina, and magicka. Thalmor, vampires, forsworn, necromancers, and the dark brotherhood won't be available if this religion is chosen.

Elven gods: Altmer and bosmer gain plus 150 points to health and magicka. Falmer, orcs, and dunmer will loose 25 points of health and stamina.

Nordic gods: All humans gain plus 150 points to health and stamina. All elves lose 25 points of health and stamina. Won't work with elven gods.

Redguard gods: Alik'r warriors gain plus 200 health and stamina.

Dunmer gods: Dunmer soldiers gain plus 200 health and stamina.

Good/Neutral daedra (Malacath, Azura, Meridia, Hermeus-Mora, Sanguine, Sheogorath and Hircine): Cultists with high magicka will aid in battle and cast grand healing in combat. Vampires, necromancers, and the dark brotherhood won't be available if this religion is chosen.

Evil daedra (the rest of the daedric lords): Hordes of daedra and a few cultists fight at you side. Only allows forsworn, vampires, necromancers, falmer, giants, and dragons to join your army. Won't work with any religion above.

Sithis: makes assassination attempts easier. Argonians gain plus 100 points to health, stamina, and magicka.

Finally onto how battles and conquering works. Basically it is similar to how the vanilla civil war works, only instead the dragonborn has no obligation to join in any battles if they don't want to, and no gathering info or delivering false info to the enemy since you are the leader of an army and would be caught immediately if you try to deliver false orders. That and you have other people to do that for you. Battles will consist of not only taking all the main cities, but also the smaller settlements and enemy held forts and camps. The player chooses which factions patrol which conquered settlement or fort, however if you align yourself with the forsworn they will always take markarth and karthwasten. If vampires control a settlement their thralls will patrol during the day and the vampires themselves will do so at night. Whatever faction a main city is controlled by, will dethrone the jarl and have their own leader sit on the throne instead unless said jarl is important for the main quest. Although I don't think all factions would/should do this. Battles themselves simply go by the attackers and defenders method used in other mods I guess. That is all I can come up with for now, I'm 99% certain this will never be made but on the off chance it does then I would be quite happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello :)

This is a very interesting idea, but there's already a mod that allows the player to become a High King of Skyrim (basically taking over Skyrim) called (I think) Become A High King of Skyrim.

And the recruitment system is very complicated, also why would a random stranger help the Dragonborn take over Skyrim?

I'm aware of the Become High King mod and have it in my game but what i'm looking for more of a conquest mod, where you build your army based on your play-style. The stranger helps the player because they want the dragonborn in power, the reason is up to the player. Also the recruitment system is intentionally complex since it likely isn't easy to build an army to conquer skyrim.