Launching Oblivion

Lummina

Hello- and a hearty howdy to all who have helped me me in the past,

I need a simple and tidy instruction method to change my Oblivion launcher from the standard launch to one that points to starting the game via the current OBSE version. I have Wrye installed (seems happy), and OMOD (ditto on joy factor). II am running Win 7. A while back my dear "mental mentor" , Hey You, told me via email how this is easily done but I've managed to misplace the instructions and he is not available to me at this time, I have such limited and spotty times to tinker and play that I am hoping someone is on board with a recap that could help this evening. I can not simply right click/drag the OBSE launcher to the task bar. That doesn't seem to jive with Wrye/7/ and company. I know this is a simple and numb nuts fix....but if the name fits I guess I have to wear it for the evening,

Thank you for reading and hopefully (and gently) assisting.

Lummina

And I should have mentioned that I always launch via Wrye Bash. So that probably means something too..

Hi,

no problem, here we go:

- right click on obse_loader.exe, choose "create shortcut"

- right click on the new shortcut and choose rename, give it a better name like "Oblivion OBSE" or something. This Step is optional :)

- drag this shortcut wherever you like or just right click it again and choose "pin to start menu" or "pin to task bar"

That should do the trick :thumbsup:

I believe that Wrye Bash should detect OBSE and launch the game using obse_Loader.exe without any intervention on your part.

Hello, and thank you good people for your help.

It's comforting to know that that no "stumped" question is treated as a "stooopid" question here.

After reading your thoughts and examining my set up I realized I did a TOTAL numb nuts thing: put OBSE in data files, not directory. No wonder Wrye was acting like a brat. My bad. But I wouldn't have realized that without re-examining your trouble-shooting suggestions. Thank you all.

And for all others who have installed properly but still get stymied, because they don't realized the difference between the disc versus Steam versions, I think you have given people searching this issue the full monty (as it were). As one who tries to search before posting, this may come in very handy for others. Gotta love that.

Best game to all,

Lummina