Site and NMM updates, social networking features incoming

Dark0ne

As i and other have mentioned before, the hot files, latest mods and last images would be better off underneath the main hotfile image, not only we can hover the mouse over the hot files ( it's good thing they're not 6 and not 5 as it was, let's hope it stays that way ) but there'd be more space for the feeds on the right side, i do love the new implementations but the hot file thingy on the right side made this update not be a totaly pleasant update, at least let us choose where we want the hot files, latest mods and images to be .

Keep up the good work guys !! Oh, and here's to hoping Nexus kicks facebook "behind" ;)

Edited by bobbythecamel

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this new homepage. Everything I want to see in just a few easy clicks instead of having to dig around for it. But from what I'm reading, I'm actually in the minority? *snicker*

Yay! I'm part of the 1%!

@Sanzein

Welcome to the site! I am running Chrome and it doesn't look like that once you correct it in the preferences.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6087/captu4rre.png

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5103/captur3r3e.png

Edited by ledmack

@Sanzein

I also had it look like that using Firefox but simply doing a Shift-Reload fixed it all up nicely for me.

edit: after using the new layout a bit, I must say that I really have a love/hate relationship with it. I like some of the new features, but on the other hand I really miss the old hot files, new files, images layout. My suggestion would be to have a "Home" tab (can be renamed to whatever and can be set to be the default tab by the user if she/he wants) that has the horizontal versions of the hot files, new files and images - and to do completely away with the hot files, etc. stuff on the right (for all tabs). Make it a completely tabbed layout below the big picture of the hot files, but let us choose .

edit2: just saw the new-new layout with the hot files below the "big hot file display". It is a definite improvement. Thank you. I might be able to live with it. (But I still like having the option of the old layout.....more or less)

edit3: um, for me the arrows for the hot files below the big display seem to be reversed.....in other words, the forward arrow moves the display to the previous mod and the reverse arrow advances the display to the next mod.

Edited by ringgold99

Web444, not only did everything you say make perfect, coherent sense, you have positively sold me on the merits of authentic NFL jerseys with your harrowing and abruptly unfinished tale. I feel shame and residual self-loathing that I spent 300 hours on Skyrim without my team's logo proudly emblazoned across my chest, conquering Alduin with the strength of Brett Favre urging me on like a special Dragonborn quarterback of my very own. Raising my goblet in defeat of the Stormcloak rebellion suddenly seems a touch emptier now that I realize that the rest of The Pack was not there raising their mugs with me; just as they'd done in so many a vaunted battle against their own mighty opponents, Da Bears.

But now, I can do it right. This time, thanks to your bold efforts, I too can be honest with the food at the dinner table. I too can be partners with the football. And just like Green Bay splits the uprights, they will now be with me as my Dragon Shout splits the Heavens. That I ever managed to play this game without an official NFL jersey makes me rethink my priorities...nay, rethink my LIFE.

Bless you for your keen sense of unsolicited demographic marketing web444, my wise and most likely artificial friend. Bless you.

Don't worry, I know. I moderate a different site where I take particular joy in mocking the adbots, so I guess you were seeing some of that habit bleed over here. Sorry about that. ;)