Site and NMM updates, social networking features incoming

Dark0ne

I am very excited about the user created categories for mods as it will make navigation much easier! Also your profiling feature will make finding incompatible mods much easier I think. Great work and very much appreciated!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that 'articles' feature is something i have been really wanting for some time now. thank you

would it be possible to get a Poll feature as well (so thst we can ask our user base a question before adding the thing that is being proposed)? and an ability to pin comments would be absolutely awesome

Edited by AmethystDeceiver

Really not fond of that 'feeds' thing... Page looked better before, looks awful now.

It's something that should really be a tabbed feature, not the main item on the front page of the sites, even if the feature was listed to the side with the feed titles or something?

I'd think in that space under the 'mods of the month' box would be a good spot for it. With a slider on the side of the box to allow listing of more feeds that people can scroll through than would be possible in that space.

Taking up most of the page with it just doesn't seen like a good use of the space to me.

Rough concept of what I mean linked, using the Skyrim Nexus page as my example: link

Be careful not to accidentally "facebook-ize" the site. DAZ tried that a few years ago and it flopped horribly. On the other hand, their competitors (renderosity) have the perfect system for promoting old uploads and it isn't social networking. They simply dedicate some of their rotating ad slots to uploaders (we're called merchants there, because it's commercial). So, if uploaders want to take the time to make their own square or banner ads, those ads will eventually be seen by somebody, even if the upload is very old. Of course, there is potential for increased revenue by dedicating one of the ad slots for premium members only. Obviously, you can't change your current ad layout. You would have to make new slots somewhere in the style sheet templates. But, it's a logical and relatively easy way (code-wise) to promote old uploads and probably increase site revenue from memberships.

social features? so now we will be tracked by facebook aswell ? lol.

joking. i know you are a sensible person.

the new features sound great. glad to see the site being developed further. thanks for sharing all the updates.

Edited by Nadimos

File news and the new features for NMM sound great! I can't wait to see it in action.

The social thing seems like a good idea. After seeing it on the other pages though, I can honestly say I don't like it. I understand you guys will probably put a lot of work into switching it over, so it is an inevitable change. My opinion of it may change as well, after it is more refined. You have done well in the past (mostly), so I am sure you know what you're doing.

The formula you have now is working. Is there any way to add the new features without changing the layout completely to a feed view? Would it be possible to revert back to the old front page if you don't like the feeds layout?

Personally I think the feed thing ooks a bit strange. I don't have many friends on the site so my home page looks a bit deserted and I need to scroll down to check latests mods and hot files which feels weird because I'm used to the older layout where everything is on my face.

I'm just being picky, I know. Nevermind me :)

I cant wait for a feature that would let us share a list of mods that work good together. Maybe even have that list loaded into nmm and installed automatic like :)

edit: I hope we can unsubscribe from mod feeds

Edited by scrivener07