Site and NMM updates, social networking features incoming

Dark0ne

I honestly don't mind the networking, but a Privacy feature would REALLY be nice for a NSFW mode.

What do you guys think? I don't want my current/future employers looking at all of the bikini battle babes and skimpy skirts with swords. I honestly don't run skimp mods, and half the time- at least one re-placer/re-texture body mods is featured on the front page. Of course there is a "18+ and up" section, but Facebook doesn't care, if it's visible- it's affiliated directly. (sigh) So for all of us, maybe consider options for sharing (shrug) it's a suggestion. Sounds cool though- I want to show my Girlfriend ( I know right? What's that? :O) how to expand her gaming experience, and by networking his would make suggestions and updates more easily accessible to those who know from nothing- to everything about modding!

Thanks for reading,

Im proud to be a longstanding member of the Nexus Forums, thanks again!

Prometheus

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, something I would love for the NMM would be able to sort your mods, in the mod tab by customizable groups. I dont like searching all over like a crazy man through my like 120 mods to find one animation one just so I can turn it off. I would love to be able to assign groups to put my mods in. The groups would be just for show/orginization.

We're going to add a "Latest files" and "Latest images" feed as well, and then allow you to set your default feed that shows when you first load the page. That way, if you just want to see what new files have been uploaded you can do that straight from the front page, without scrolling. Sorted.

Hi Dark0ne

For the redesigned sites can you please increase the font size back to normal. (by normal i mean like currently on skyrim and oblivion nexus).

I can barely see the mods and image labels on the new right sections eg where hot files, images and latest mods sections have been moved too.

The main section (now the feed section) is also using a reduced size font. (not has bad as the section on the right but still harder to read) Please increase.

Also just wanted to draw your attention that not everyone is logged in all the time. I don't have access to the stats but personally Im frequently on the site and not logged in.

I just browse and if i see a mod i like or a topic i want to comment on I then log in and then log out again. Cause it feels like site redesign is centered around the social networking features... (with the feeds being the default main section). So if Im not logged will my experience on nexus suffer.. compared to what i currently see.. (this is also what a first time visitor would see) Just something to think about.

I know Im currently coming across as kind of bashing the redesign... in actual fact I think alot of the feed stuff is quite cool especially if we can have category (and further filtered by tag) feeds. Just please fix that font size ! :)

I like the new Feeds. I love that I am not getting 502 errors, and can't wait to break download speed records. One thing might be nice to have: option to see or not see each and every comment via notification/feed. Since I had recently decided on a clean install of Fallout, I removed all but one mod from tracking...and when I went to check out feeds...I have a few pages of one mods comments. O_o Maybe just an option to notify/feed when a version update is made?

Thanks for sharing your site

-MOTO

\o/ woooot more tabs! latest files tab! latest images tab! set my personal default tab!

Sorry for all the ! but I still got one more:

Thank you, this is awesome!

And I just checked FO3Nexus again, I like the site news tab. :)

Is there any way to get back (perhaps by an account preference) the old front page style? All I look at daily is Hot Files and Latest Files (with a periodic glance at Tracked Files to see if something updated), so having them shoved way down on the side is pretty inconvenient.

I guess I can just update all my bookmarks to just go straight to latest files, but not being able to see Hot Files (for anything I missed) will be annoying. I'll still come here, since it's the best source of mods by far. But it's a shame to have the functionality and usability of a website take such a downturn.

(Count me as another one who's not a fan of the "social" feeds. I don't really have anything to do with any "social networks", or RSS feeds, or trackers, or whatever.)

Edited by Kiralyn2000