Name for my Nord

Dovahkiin069

I have a problem in finding names for my characters,i always find a name but this time i can´t think in one.

Please, help me find a name.

I like names that combine with the race, and i don´t like strange names like The Ripper(its cool for some games),i really like true names, but not something like Bob or Billy.

If you tell me one cool name i will be grateful.

Edit:i already found a first name, its Lucan,then i would like if you tell me a second name. :biggrin:

Edited by Dovahkiin069

It depends on the type of character you want to play, but i often end my characters names with Pendragon

Tell me about your Nord. Lucan is an Imperial name, in Skyrim. (Like homey at the Riverwood Trader) Think Nordic, Bjornson, Hamlet, Goebbels...

yeah its true,maybe i can find a new name.

Well, my character is the hero type, his hair is the same of Ralof, but another color(a different yellow),have big muscle and and his bearb is large(not too much).I like to use Steel Plate armor without helmet,and Skyforge Steel sword, with Ysgramor Shield.

That´s it, all the information you need.

Oh, and his eyes are blue.

Edit:he is a Warrior, he hates thiefs(if they stolen something from him) and assassins,

he likes Mercenarys and hate the Blades.

Edited by Dovahkiin069

When I'm making a new character I look at the cultural background of the new character. For example my new crusader/paladin styled knight is an Imperial and we all know the Imperials are based off of the Roman Empire, so Roman, or more or less Italian sounding names work for this. I stick to more commonly known names like Augustus or Cincinnatus for example. My Bretons? They are very French inspired, so French sounding names it is i.e. Jacques, Francois, Marie etc.

Other races such as Nords and Dark Elves, it's harder because I know nothing about real life Nordic culture or whom ever inspired the Dark Elves. The ancient Sumarians? Perhaps, I don't know. But I tend to make up at least 4 names for them until I'm happy with something that sounds natural compared to the names of others of my race.

If you want you can take the name of a Nordic shop owner from a mod I'm working on. Yngmar Iron-Arm. It has a strong sound and inspires the image of a fierce warrior.