ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Mods You Would Like To See

TheGadget1945

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a mod or .bat something (sry i have no clue about this topic) what automatically re-/or overwrites the Fallout76.ini.
It's pretty annyoing to do it myself every time i start the game, because it's deleting all changes even you marked it as "read only".
That would be absolute awesome! If possible.

It is to Beth's eternal shame (or the shame of people who pre-ordered this game depending on POV) that the first desired mods/fixes are FOV slider, push-to-talk, and control mapping designed for the PC, rather than poorly ported from the consoles. Talk about a low bar for a game from a company with supposedly DECADES of experience in this genre.

Talk about 'Oliver Twist'. "Please sir, can I just have combat AI that isn't defeated when I stand on any surface 6 inches higher than the Deathclaw I am 'fighting'.

I was watching the DAY ONE end game videos from 'elite players'- and oh, the mechanistic 'fun' they were having. Spamming the 'melee' attack button, with zero quaility animation right next to the level one million 'dragon', as the dragon, with zero quality animation (once stuck on the ground) pointlessly spammed melee damage on their power armour- until the dragon's life bar tediously made it to zero. The WORST so-called 'combat' I've seen in a video game ever. No 'flash' game ever had worse combat than this.

The icing on the cake? A nuke doesn't even take the leaves off the trees or burn the ground. Long before release, I was convinced Beth had a "ruined" version of the map, and when a nuke went off, swapped the 'ruined' data for the radius of the blast into the player's world. It seemed to me even a company as LAZY and technically incompetent as Beth could code at least this.

But the nuked area is the SAME as the un-nuked map is to every degree, save for the yellow/green shader effects, and the spawning of different enemies/loot. Absolute inexcusable trash. Even Skyrim/Fallout 3/Fallout 4 could modify areas of the map after 'special events'- but not FO76.

FO76 gamers pay for exactly one properly done thing - a new world space littered with audiolog missions. Even the two main DLC's for Fallout 4 had to be much more than this to justify their much lower prices. The obscene asset flipping of FO76 makes matters even worse- ensuring that FO76 LOOKS like a Fallout 4 mod.

Anyhoo, people speaking openly would mostly admit to wanting the 'mod' that allowed 'offline' play, and thus enabled every other type of mod.

Edited by zanity

A mod that allows me to sell Ammo to the robot vendor so that I don't end up carrying thousands of useless rounds when I use melee weapons. Speaking of which a mod that stops melee weapons degrading. How the hell can I break a firemans axe by chopping a Feral Ghouls arm off ?