Error Installiing AAF Compability Patches

Rysq

It installed fine the first time, this came up upon re-installing.

No change at all in my enviroment since. I simply powered off the machine and came back the next day and began tinkering with mods again but its infering some windows .net framework problem.

Well why the hell did it work the first time then ?

Im baffled on this one.

Where did you install Vortex to? C:\Applications? Why?

Windows itself seems to have an issue loading binaries from there, because it's deemed unsafe. yis this directoy a mounted network drive by any chance?

Because thats where i like to install non-proprietary applicaitons. My folder structure should not stop this. Also it loads fine and installs everything else just fine irregardless of the directory.

As for the drive, no it is not a network drive, but i realize the error infers some inability to create a CAS workspace from anetwork source, i have no clue why. The file is downloaded, i've copeied it, repacked it, moved it to another drive and tried from there.

No Go. =(

Where did you install Vortex to? C:\Applications? Why?

Windows itself seems to have an issue loading binaries from there, because it's deemed unsafe. yis this directory a mounted network drive by any chance?

Because that's where i like to install non-proprietary applications. My folder structure should not stop this. Also it loads fine and installs everything else just fine irregardless of the directory.

As for the drive, no it is not a network drive, local c:\, but i realize the error infers some inability to create a CAS workspace from a network source, i have no clue why. The file is downloaded, i've copied it, repacked it, moved it to another drive and tried from there.

No Go. =(

I installed Vortex, updated it, moved it to a different drive and directory.

I took the patch, moved, repacked it, renamed it, tried it from another drive/folder

None of that worked.

But I found a Solution.

I installed Mod Organizer 2 , and installed the patch just fine on the first shot.

f*#@ You Vortex

Well, the error message was created by .net which has certain security measurements in place to deny loading dlls ("assemblies") from a network path. This is put into place by Microsoft for good reason.

Why that actually affects you is quite puzzling, but noone programmed that intentionally.

So yeah, let's just f... Vortex, of course. People these days just don't have any manners anymore. Actually, you really should not use Mod Organizer 2, since it has been written by the same f...er as Vortex.

Hi Rysq,

Have you tried reporting your issue via the feedback system attaching your Vortex log?

Send in your Vortex.log following these steps:
Click the three dots in the top right corner and select "Send Feedback".
Enter a descriptive title and pertinent information.
At the bottom, click on "Attach Special File" and select "Vortex Log".
After that, just hit "Submit Feedback" in the bottom right corner.
E6su9mb.png

Well, the error message was created by .net which has certain security measurements in place to deny loading dlls ("assemblies") from a network path. This is put into place by Microsoft for good reason.

Why that actually affects you is quite puzzling, but noone programmed that intentionally.

So yeah, let's just f... Vortex, of course. People these days just don't have any manners anymore. Actually, you really should not use Mod Organizer 2, since it has been written by the same f...er as Vortex.

Yes i read the Kb article, no reason to hang up on the cas policies of the .net framework. Vortex should no babysit what files im working with, and it certainly shouldn't stop me completely.

You act like i owe vortex something other frustration after wasting two days of tinkering only to have it hungup on this. This is not about manners.

Already moved on, and un-installed Vortex (which left a mess of managed by vortex files behind) i might add. Yes i followed the how to un-install article.

Thanks for a crappy experience.

Edited by Rysq