A one handed two handed sword?

SirTalbot

I'd like to be able to simply wield a one handed sword as a two hander but with the obvious benefits of being able to swing faster. Two handers don't necessarily have to be 6 foot long beasts in the fashion of Renaissance Zwei handers.

Any ideas?

It could be pretty easy to mod in, just duplicate a two-handed sword, replace the mesh and decrease the swing time. You'd still have the two-handed animations unless someone creates custom animations for them. At least I think you can just decrease the swing time.

EDIT: I tried it out and forgot a pretty important part: the mesh. You'd have to take the weapon and open it up in nifskope and move it around a bit. It would also have to be sheathed on your back unless you fix that somehow

Edited by DavidD

I'm outta luck I think then

The closest thing I could find was an increase in the swing speed of a 2 hander which does make it more realistic.

Be good if you could press a button to switch between using a given sword as a two hander and one hander.

Tytanis - The Ultimate Mod has special two-handed weapons that you can create via blacksmithing and they work as a one-handed weapon.

Disarmed some npc with one swing great!!!!

Drawing like in Witcher 2 could be awesome!!!!

And a good swimming animation too (Maybe a patch in a futur...)

Bethesda need to fix this and to work more on there own incomplete game!!!

More Work on anims!!