Blood On the Ice bug?

Daggdag

OK. I just finished the Battle of Windhelm and, all of the sudden, I see the court wizard (don't remember his name) standing in the corner of the throne room. I speak to him and there is an option of telling him of another murder, which I do not remember, and asking him for help. He tells me about the amulet and all of that and I get the "patrol the stone quarter" part of the quest. I get to the market at night and Calaxto is there, but won't move. I know he is the killer from spoilers I read trying to find a way to get the trigger to activate, but he still won't move to kill the woman. Is there anything special you need to do to activate the murder scene?

Omigosh. I JUST had that part of the quest trigger. Yeah ... I came across the dude about to knife that lizard woman in the back. He waited several minutes in real time before he finally did it. There's some weird bug that's keeping him immobile for way too long. Try moving around the area for a while to see if you can get him to kill her. Mine worked ... eventually ... after I was sitting there for several minutes saying "What the heck?!"

If Calixo has his knife drawn you can kill him without upsetting the guards or raising a bounty and it completes the quest....his knife MUST be drawn though, if it's not, the guards will attack you.....I have successfully done it this way on a number of occasions. Edited by StayFrosty05

• 3 weeks later...

If Calixo has his knife drawn you can kill him without upsetting the guards or raising a bounty and it completes the quest....his knife MUST be drawn though, if it's not, the guards will attack you.....I have successfully done it this way on a number of occasions.

He is unkillable if the event is not triggered.

I did eventually get it to trigger. You have to wait a couple days until the damage from the battle is cleaned up. He attacked the woman when I went back to see if he was there, and I was able to kill him and save her. So, finished the quest, yay!

Now I just gotta figure out how to be named Thane since I already killed Ulfric and brunwulf does not offer to make me thane even though he is Jarl now.