Where do you live ?

ashkan33

62 members have voted

1. 1. wich place is your country located ?

• North America
    • Central America
    • South America
    • Western Europe
    • Eastern Europe
    • Asia
    • Eastern Asia
    • Middel East
    • Australia
    • Africa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Australia, a place the locals call "the black valley" due to the fact the whole valley was incinerated some years back in a vast fire. It was stunningly beautiful many years ago, now it's a hellscape, and a horrible testiment to what happens when a government loses control and allows industry free reign. The rseult is a toxic atmosphere full of chemicals from three immense coal fire power stations, a valley floor dotted with coalmines, rivers poluted with toxic chemicals pumped un-regulated from several borderline illegal factories, and a carbon footprint, that if filled with water, could be classed as an inland sea. I absolutely hate it, but I hate my country even more, the shear degree to which it is misgoverned is incredible, as well as the shear lack of morals or intelligent policy. Our government seems to be totally unaware of there being any lasting consequences for environmental damage, or that the not even the upper middle class can afford to own a home. Perhaps the worst part is that most of the bills they've added recently have been either new taxes, or increases to ministoral income(pushing their income now to about four times the average P/A)

I have every intention of leaving once my time at university is done.

I don't really have all that much insight into political and government matters, but it seems to me that they are doing an alright job. Sure, Julia Gillard likes to tax everything and Tony Abbot looks like a seedy character, but they're alright.

It's actually quite strange seeing someone with a severe dislike of our country. Everyone I know loves Australia, and my foreign friends think Australia is a very good country. I personally love Australia and would rather live here than anywhere else (despite that the only other place I've actually been to is Italy.) The people are generally friendly and funny, nice people to have around. When I was in Italy, it was a whole lot different.

But... I suppose living in a place like you mentioned would be quite bad. I've lived in the tropics most of my life and only recently moved to the city for university, but there isn't really anything wrong with these places (besides the heat and humidity lol.)

Edited by billyro

I'm an evil Scotsman :cool:

The only cool thing about Scotland is the sheer volume of crazy myths floating around. You would not believe the questions I've been asked:

"Do you really have whiskey for breakfast?"

"is it not annoying having to chase haggis all the time?"

Truth is times are hard, so we make do with vodka

And the highland haggis went extinct at the turn of the 20th century. We now chase the lowland haggis, which is much easier to catch due to one of its three legs being longer than the others, meaning it can only run in circles.

You'd be surprised how many people believe this ;D ;D

BRRRRR sad really but im living in Viking country Denmark ( Yes we still raid other countries) If there was a world championship in boring countries this is at least worth a SILVER MEDAL

I'm an evil Scotsman :cool:

The only cool thing about Scotland is the sheer volume of crazy myths floating around. You would not believe the questions I've been asked:

"Do you really have whiskey for breakfast?"

"is it not annoying having to chase haggis all the time?"

Truth is times are hard, so we make do with vodka

And the highland haggis went extinct at the turn of the 20th century. We now chase the lowland haggis, which is much easier to catch due to one of its three legs being longer than the others, meaning it can only run in circles.

You'd be surprised how many people believe this ;D ;D

I like Scotland, People are so friendly especially to backpackers you got quite an advantage there with the lowland haggis :biggrin: