Modding Oblivion

Varus Torvyn

Quest-Mods or Environment Mods?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which way did you mod your game?

• Quest-Mods
    • Environment Mods
    • A combination of both
  2. 2. Which was more important for your game?

• Increase playability
    • Make it look good

Aside from SI, KotN, and DLC expansions, I use a LOT of community-produced mods that it's taken me a long time to merge into a manageable number using TES4Gecko.

A fair number of Quest mods (IMHO, a quest mod is an addition to the storyline, offering a new or variant sequence of goals to advance something in the quest log), a great many additional item mods (increasing diversity in the number & type of items available), some mods that purely adjust the game mechanics (M.O.E., Intelligence Overhaul, some of Frans options), CM Partners (which falls somewhere between Quest and Mechanics, I'd say), texture and mesh replacers to both enhance appearance and increase framerate, and a number of cosmetic enhancements for actor and environment appearance.

My modded version of Oblivion bears some resemblance to Vanilla, but it's a whole lot more than what Bethesda sold me for GOTY edition a year ago. :thumbsup:

There should be the third options for the second part as well.

A combination of both is my answer to both parts of the poll. playability will stop me in my tracks, but I do want to enjoy the visual experience of creating an immersive world of my own fantasy as well. Since it is my fantasy.

No vote.

I don't really play Oblivion anymore beyond testing my mods.

So I'd realistically lean towards item mods or something that can be immediately or quickly acquired. Basically mods are turning into more of a novelty for me. I just don't have time to play (or quest) anymore. I simply check it out, say "ah, that's cool" and move on.

LHammonds

yeah i cannot vote either, mainly because the mod has to be something that the author really wanted to make, as long as that's a factor i'm sure it will be worth checking it out. I have to say I'd choose a lame environment mod over a quest, i mean i'm not saying environment mods are dull BBC was the best thing i ever found here, but like Bloodlines, even though the story was very well thought-out I'm tired of quests that stop working properly right in the middle of the story, I have low fps and it's really just a hassle for me.

in making a mod i'm more into work that doesn't require much from the cs. that said i'll vote actually since it wouldn't be too tough to choose, environment mod and make it look good ;)

No vote.

I don't really play Oblivion anymore beyond testing my mods.

So I'd realistically lean towards item mods or something that can be immediately or quickly acquired. Basically mods are turning into more of a novelty for me. I just don't have time to play (or quest) anymore. I simply check it out, say "ah, that's cool" and move on.

LHammonds

Well....same here :wacko:. I've been thinking for some time to play it again...but I just can't do it. Time is really a pressure on me. I am not even thinking what am I gonna do when school will start again. For almost 3 months I had only one char at lvl 5....the rest are lvl 1. I only use them for testing.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Maafiaman

I like a bit of both really making the game look good and some quest mods, some mods for me are essential though like better books and Lost Paladins, some really add to the game both looks wise and playability.

Archived