The Secret world?

rockygohard18

Nope i am not buying a game twice no matter how good it is, the pay to play idea is broken and fail writen all over it, just think what happened to Swkotor, its going to be free to play soon becuase its losing popularity. Its only a matter of time till it happens with this mmo. I am not willing to fork out 60$ and having to pay to use there servers, i already paid for it, you got my money.. All it is greed.

Even wow is free to play at a certain point..

Ehh your choice I have the money do what you feel.

Its not about if i have the money, its just morally wrong :mad: ..

LOL you're joking right? if I PAY for something I(as in ME) enjoy how is it morally wrong? that statement carried no logic in it what so ever.I can do as I please with my paycheck.I understand if you don't want to pay for the game but you're basically stating that people have no morals who ever paid for the game.I Enjoy better then any mmo I've ever played ,,also I pay for Xbox live its the same thing in some retrospec.

It is at least better than TOR, it's either that or GW2.

Wayyyyy better in the sense its not a copy of any mmo I've ever played.Its really hard to explain what its like,,personally(and a lot of people agree) that it opened a new MMO sub catagory,,I'm not trying to make the game look like OMG BEST EVER.But its Very different,,the story is very very detailed, to the point that it actually makes you question if it is real,,,and man some quest actually REQUIRE you to log off the game and do real life research on the subjects(the illuminate quest in kingsmouth for instance...its easy if you pay attention.

Its not about if i have the money, its just morally wrong :mad: ..

LOL you're joking right? if I PAY for something I(as in ME) enjoy how is it morally wrong? that statement carried no logic in it what so ever.I can do as I please with my paycheck.I understand if you don't want to pay for the game but you're basically stating that people have no morals who ever paid for the game.I Enjoy better then any mmo I've ever played ,,also I pay for Xbox live its the same thing in some retrospec.

i think he meant its morally wrong for the companies to charge for subscription on top of having you pay $60 for the game. not that people who do pay the subscriptions have no morals.

@Thor

also, WoW isnt F2P as far as i know, at all. not after a certain point. only thing it has is like a Trial which is capped at 10 or 15 or something.

You don't know that fre to play is the future right, I am only going on principle, remember they are raking in the dough even though its free to play mmo. Its the whole concept seems flawed. I am not willing to buy into a flawed way of selling a game.

See article below.

.http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/jul/02/crysis-cevat-yerli-interview

And Hoofhearted yes that's what meant about it being all wrong. Kind of got it backwards.

the 60$ price tag on top of the 15$ subscription fee is ridiculous. Wow is free to level 20, after that you have to subscribe into the mmorpg.

even that is the thing of the past, when free to play is dong so well.

Edited by Thor.

You don't know that fre to play is the future right, I am only going on principle, remember they are raking in the dough even though its free to play mmo. Its the whole concept seems flawed. I am not willing to buy into a flawed way of selling a game.

See article below.

.http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/jul/02/crysis-cevat-yerli-interview

And Hoofhearted yes that's what meant about it being all wrong. Kind of got it backwards.

the 60$ price tag on top of the 15$ subscription fee is ridiculous. Wow is free to level 20, after that you have to subscribe into the mmorpg.

even that is the thing of the past, when free to play is dong so well.

I think it would be better if it went free to play sense most of if not everything is doing,,,I have the money to pay to play..but not everyone I think everyone deserves a chance to play it,,I give it a year,,,I think TOR is not to far from F2P

It is at least better than TOR, it's either that or GW2.

Wayyyyy better in the sense its not a copy of any mmo I've ever played.Its really hard to explain what its like,,personally(and a lot of people agree) that it opened a new MMO sub catagory,,I'm not trying to make the game look like OMG BEST EVER.But its Very different,,the story is very very detailed, to the point that it actually makes you question if it is real,,,and man some quest actually REQUIRE you to log off the game and do real life research on the subjects(the illuminate quest in kingsmouth for instance...its easy if you pay attention.

Yeah I know but all MMO's are trying to say that they are the "BEST EVA". I would have liked it if it was either free to play or a single player game as I really dislike MMOs. Maybe Funcom can release a single version spin off of The Secret World, like KoA did for Studio 38 (before they went bust).

yea. the reason companies dont do F2P is because WoW was soo successful not being F2P. but thats also because WoW came out and had most of its existence before F2P was really a thing. if SWTOR was F2P i guarantee it would help the game out a lot. its not a horrible game, its just not worth a sub fee (and neither is WoW)