Mods not appearing in game? [FO4]

emmingerl

Thanks for the responses! :smile:

Sorry HadToRegister, was not trying to be pushy with you, I do appreciate your advice and it did remind me of the custom ini file which I forgot about. However, problem does persist.

I have unistalled NMM and Vortex twice now so, I'm fairly certain it's not them. This is a brand new machine. I had a Dell before but, it was pretty old and not keeping up with what I needed in design work. So, I replaced it with this HP Pavilion thingie. It's a 570-p047c with a GTX760 card in it. Not whizzbang like all the gamers out there but, not what I primarily use it for. My old machine ran NMM with all my mods just fine.

So, Having ran through absolutely every avenue I can think of above, I think its the machine or the way HP has Win10 set up on it. Right now I'm playing well enough through my game. Would like to use some of the mods I'm used to using like the Beretta 9mm and it's replace all 10mm pistols. Lot better than running around with the brick of a hand gun. Other than that, I love the new set up, no bogging down in downtown Boston anymore! plus the 32" monitor helps.

Still would be nice to get CBBE working so I can get my presets working again and my armor mods back. It was interesting loading my saved game and running around without any skin. Just hair, eyeballs and teeth.

Whatever you guys think it might be, I'm all ears!

:smile:

PS: Oh, yes Augusta, "Literal" garbage...perhaps that will help generate more responses! :happy:

Edited by emmingerl

i'd help you but given your impatience you can take a long walk off a short pier.

Ah, I see, because waiting 3 days for a response from anyone outside of HadtoRegister is apparently expecting too much on a forum area designated for support and assistance. No worries.

Edited by emmingerl

@emmingerl: When you installed Fallout 4 on your new computer, did you run the Fallout4Launcher.exe before doing anything else with the game? If memory serves me correctly, the launcher pops up automatically when you start the game for the first time in Steam. That's the way Fallout 4 should be started for the very first time. Is this what happened?

@emmingerl: When you installed Fallout 4 on your new computer, did you run the Fallout4Launcher.exe before doing anything else with the game? If memory serves me correctly, the launcher pops up automatically when you start the game for the first time in Steam. That's the way Fallout 4 should be started for the very first time. Is this what happened?

Yes I believe I ran it first why?

Yes I believe I ran it first why?

When you initially run the game launcher, it copies the Fallout4_Default.ini file to the "My Games" folder as Fallout4.ini and also creates and configures your Fallout4Prefs.ini there. If the launcher is not run initially, that possibly would leave you with problematic .ini files. However, this turns out not to be the case in your situation.

By the way, the launcher apparently does not create a Fallout4Custom.ini file. This is probably because that .ini is needed only for modded games or at least games with certain types of mods. If you don't mod Fallout 4, then you don't need it.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

Ok, so it seems we've pretty much narrowed everything down as much as possible. Thanks Augusta and HadtoRegister! I do appreciate your help! I'm gonna have to clink around with Win10 and find out what it is that's causing it to prevent the mods from coming through.