Warrior or Archer?

MrGoldenAge

Warrior or Archer End-Game?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Warrior or Archer End-Game?

• The Fallen Hero (warrior)
    • The Demon Hunter (archer)

So guys what is it this time warrior or archer? It seems warriors are more fun to play late-game, and also "technically" does not break the lore of the dragonborn... I am going to make this character in anticipation of dawnguard, so what do you think?

The build I will be using as a warrior archetype:

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-tyrial-the-fallen

The build I will be using as an archer archetype:

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-demonhunter

Both of them have really interesting backstories, but which do you think will fit into Dawnguard?

Warrior is a nice build, and gives you some fun at the beginning. The it's just the same.

The daemon hunter is more complex due to the wide variety of magic / bows involved.

Few people go for the bow in essence. Mastery of a bow is being hidden in a hill and snipe at almost 100yd everything with instant kill.

Personally, a bow with a master-bow-player is invincible and does what he wants. Coupled with magic and stealth, you are god.

I didn't explore the full "gamma" of the warrior... but still, it's limited, specially against dragons.

Don't do 1x1 with them, it's rather painful.

Note: Personal opinion. Wait for more opinions on people with experience before basing you decision. Plus, be ready to play a style "awesome" for a lot, but dull for you. You are going to find your play style by playing the game. :)

I generally do some Archery for my Warriors, simply because the dragon doesn't Have to land. It's not really that hard to pick up a bow, and get some experience without ruining the focus of the build. If you're a spellsword, with destruction, then you can use that instead for damage at a distance, but a Purely melee character is at a serious disadvantage against archers, mages, dragons, and the main boss of the game.

By contrast, a pure archer can run. Just don't weigh yourself down too much, and you only really get in rouble when the tanks get close. I happen to think Destruction is redundant here, you could replace it with 1, or 2 handed, and be able to finish them off, if not hold your own when they close. So, I guess what I'm saying is "Why not both?" A hybrid of the two, combining their strengths, and eliminating the exrraneous would be my preferred course.

Nord, Archery, LA, 1H, Restoration, and Smithy? Maybe 2 handed, better hitting power for the coup de grace'?

Archer-Warrior, heavy armored Warrior with a crossbow, why the hell not?

I was a Assassin mage and a battle mage, it's your destiny, only you can shape it.

The problem is that I do not want a cookie-cutter type class, I would prefer a character that has depth.

What do you mean by "Depth"? As far a skills, the more bredth you have the more generally versetile the character is going to be. That's why i suggested Archeery, and either 1, or 2 Handed, so you have access to Ranged, and CQB tactics. if you mean for Role Play, then don't plan too much, use the skills you need at the time, and let the character write itself. I don't see how boiling down all the myriad advancement choices to between two premade templates is any less "Cookie Cutter."