Display Case with Destruction Data but no collision troubles

GamerRick

Yes, I am referring to that point of the document.

"Paste over" means copying an element in one instance and pasting it directly over the existing similar element in the other instance by Rclick. Context menu is not involved.

I still don't understand that. Right-click always brings up a context menu. When I try to paste a collision object into a mesh, I see no option to tell NifSkope what NiStrips section it belongs to.

I also don't understand "The BhkCollisionObject flag is set to 1.". Is that the bhkCOFlags that is set to ACTIVE?

Thanks.

Even the latest NifSkope removes all other collision data from the other NiStrips when adding it to another NiStrips. I ended up just working around the issue by either manually editing the one collision box to cover the other or using a collision box for the other.

My problems with collision involve keeping the player from being able to grab items that are in a glass display case before they shoot the glass out. Here is one where I have to put a collision box around it even though the collision looks good in NifSkope: Glass Cabinet Even vanilla items (like the camera) can be taken. When the glass is shot out, it deactivates the collision box and the intact display case and replaces it with one with broken glass and the collision on the glass doors removed. Also, this mesh was created as a SCOL, and you can see that there are collision nodes for all of the pieces. The shelves work right in being able to place objects on them. So, I don't want to mess with them! I don't know why the collisions on the two front pieces and side panels don't work for grabbing.

Thanks!

I had a quick look at your nif. While I admire your way to work around the NifSkope limitations and the cleverness of your montage, I would probably go another way:

After cleaning and optimizing, the display counter would be a nif with Data destruction embedded. (one hit, fake explosion, glass shard flying and dust, model swap with destructed glass part).

Inside the display would be a movable static version of the object with an unmovable collision, once the explosion has occurred, object will swap for a pickable version. The swap is dealt with script and enabling parent.

So, when the glass part is intact, object is labeled but not retrievable and will not move during destruction. It can be pick up after it. The whole intact/destruction/destroyed display thing would be made with Destruction Data.

Thanks! I don't know how to make the NIF have destruction data. I have gotten it to work with a collision box that gets disabled after the explosion.

My latest thing is to create actual glass wood or metal framed cabinet doors from the dlc04shackcabinet01doorsingle.nif file to replace the static glass ones. Having a door there causes the game to pick the door (choose it first) before anything in the case. So it works without a collision box. I have also been able to resize the door to use it for various other things, like a glass door on a grocery freezer.

Meanwhile, I have also learned how external emittance works and am going back over all of the FX beams and glows, windows, and doors I placed to update them.