CTD at main menu after switching from NMM to Vortex

giuliohe151

Hi,

I already made a similar thread about this issue in the Vortex support subsection of the forum but still...I thought asking here wouldn't hurt.

This week I finally decided myself to swap from NMM to Vortex and manually re-installed all my mods.
After solving conflicts and dependencies up to the point I got no more notifications from the new mod manager , fairly sure stuff would have generally worked aside from maybe a few minor issues , I ran FNIS , LOOT ( even though it's included in Vortex itself... ) , Bodyslide and then launched the game via SKSE....only to find that once it reaches the main menu it just crashes before even loading the various options.
I am not getting notified of any missing masters by the mod manager , no conflicts , no dependency related issues ( appearently ).....my plugins number is lower than 255 , the load order is obviously sorted , I made sure to re-install my ENB just in case that might have been the issue....nothing changed.

Any ideas of what may be causing such a problem ?
I'd gladly upload my mods list if needed but I don't really know how that would be possible to do via Vortex.

If you're sure after doing the above that you're not missing any masters for your mods, it might be an overlay interfering with your ENB. I've found that certain overlays, such as NZXT CAM and Overwolf, don't work nicely with it. I'd disable those if you have any.

If you're sure after doing the above that you're not missing any masters for your mods, it might be an overlay interfering with your ENB. I've found that certain overlays, such as NZXT CAM and Overwolf, don't work nicely with it. I'd disable those if you have any.

Guess it may be Nvidia's or Discord's overlay...I'll try disabling them and see what happens.

Did you verify integrity of game files through steam after leaving NMM?,and whenever you verify integrity of game files you have to reclean masters

Also...no, good point. I'll check for files integrity from steam and eventually clean them up via TESV Edit....I don't know if that could be the cause of the crash tbh but it's always worth a try.