New Site Index - Day 3

Dark0ne

The user sku11m0nkey said this, and I agree with it completely:

"While some of the new elements on the homepage I really like. What I don't like is the fact that you guys put all the new mods and new screenshots down the page in the right hand column.

That real estate is the last place on the page that anyone looks and it is typically ignored because its where all the banner ads live."

Coupled with the personal opinion that it just looks awkward, I have to admit that I'm really sad that the old format is gone, and I don't think I'm going to adapt and come to like it any time soon. I know that's my own problem; just wanted to lament the loss of a structure that I really liked I suppose.

Now, new mods are relegated to an odd little spot off to the side when it seems like they're the ones that should be getting the MOST attention, front and center. Meanwhile the hot files- a list of mods that usually stays the same for days on end and therefore doesn't really need to be the "main thing" on the front page- gets to stay as prominent as ever. Bleh.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play eight of the ten games for which the Nexus has modding communities and yet the only ones currently supported by NMM (aside from World of Tanks, which is one of the two I don't play) are from Bethesda. Coincidence, conspiracy or oversight? Enquiring minds want to know.

It's got to do with the file structure. All the games supported by NMM has the same file structure, thus it isn't much trouble to support all those, whereas the other games have totally different file structures and will take more time until will be supported (if it is possible at all).

Besides, looking back at the history of NexusMods and the download/upload statistics, I would say Bethesda's games are the primary games for this network. ;)

@dejct, those six are the Hot Files. If you are looking for the Top 25 in the past 2 weeks, those are found under Files -> Top Files. ;)

Edited by Zaldiir

If you click next page on the file news, but there are no more news, there is no way to go back to the previous page without reloading the whole page.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yea the "top level" page. I have always had a link to New today in my Bookmarks Toolbar >`FO_NV folder and I really have not been going to the Main page. But That is just me and maybe I'll check it out now. its looking good and I see some stuff I probably missed so.. I like it. b(^_^)d

Edited by Apprentice Harper