New Site Index - Day 3

Dark0ne

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I don't like the change at all, it's messy and confusing. Optional choice of using the old layout would be really awesome!

Or, I would make it something like this:

1. Shorten the hot files banner a bit and place the files of the month gadget next to it

2. Return the latest files back below the hot files. No file description showing, just the name.

3. Convert the -site news,file news,latest files, latest images, tracked files- selection thingy to a sidebar that moves as you scroll up and down the page. For the sidebar use the space on left side which is currently unallocated space.

4. Widen the whole used area more to the currently unallocated space on sides. Majority of people use widescreen displays these days, as far as I know, and the sides are currently wasted space with the text in the middle being crammed up into a small stamp space

Just my 0.02€ (support Finland's exit from euro btw!)

I like the new lay out and I like the new features.

Please keep the good coming our way, Dark0ne (and team). :)

EDIT:

Feels like I have given a whole lot more than 29 kudos...are the tallies from a recent point? (looking at my own profile)

Edited by MOTOSXORPIO

Fantastic job guys, this is starting to refine itself really well! I feel like you guys might be at the final form of the new homepage. Liking the changes, but I'm not sure I understand having two spots for the Latest Pictures and Latest Files. I get that some users have had a problem with it, but I like the feeds version of them better so it feels a little redundant. Then again, what would take up the side bar retail then? Maybe FOTM rankings? I feel like that should be placed at the top of the side bar right below the ad...

I must say I'm growing fond of the new site. For the first time I spend more time here than in the forums. The recent changes look fantastic and I love the file news! It means instant downloads for new versions of old files. I just tried :)

And it means the stuff I'm interessted in (other people's mods) is much more condensend than in the forums.

Me likes ^___^

Thanks for fixing up all the things I disliked about the new layout. This layout is much nicer now!

THANKS! (will be back to Endorse) haha

Edited by sydney666