Unable to select resolution = game wont run

Kurzi123

Hey all

So I decided to install Morrowind GOTY after a long time. The installation finished without any problems, however when I try to play the game it won't run. Actually it wont even let me pick a resolution for the game. It does recognise my integrated Intel G33/G31 display adapter, but the drop-down list from where I'm supposed to choose a resolution is empty. Also, the pixel shading option is greyed out. When I try to launch the game (albeit not having been able to choose a resolution), it just crashes.

I'm pretty confident that my graphics card should be able to run the game, and I have played many newer games with it without any problems. Is there anybody who has had a similar problem? I tried googling for the issue but came up with nothing solid. I would be particularly interested in knowing if there would be any workarounds for picking a resolution for the game, in case the launcher won't let you do it. If anybody can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs:

Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Integrated graphics card)

Intel Q6600 quadcore processor

4gb RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I know you will probably think me more than a little over cautious, but it seems that not all Morrowind has loaded correctly. Are you running via STEAM of from a DVD RON?

If the latter uninstall, defrag your system (if you can optimise it as well) reboot and then reload the game, you should now be able to run it.

If you have a STEAM version of the game it's a bit more complex, remove Morrowind from your library [right click on the title then look down to the bottom option "delete from local content", select this]. Now defrag (and optimise the PC as before) reboot the computer and re-download the game.

This should sort the problems out for you.