War Of The Commonwealth

Panter22

Hello all Questen Can anyone confirm if you play on MAMA'S BOY and DISABLE VERTIBIRDS is the game stable or does it still crash late in the game special when BOS come in
and if anyone had experience with the CTDs what is the best setup to make so it will not CTDs playing with out this mod is like playing fallout 76 :(

Don't really know what you're trying to say. The game doesn't have any Mama's Boy setting. Is that a mod? And what do you mean late in the game when BOS come in? You mean early on at the end of Act 1 after the quest Reunions? and what CTD are you talking about?

Don't really know what you're trying to say. The game doesn't have any Mama's Boy setting. Is that a mod? And what do you mean late in the game when BOS come in? You mean early on at the end of Act 1 after the quest Reunions? and what CTD are you talking about?

Not the game, but the mod does. Inside the mod menu, the first difficult setup is Mama's boy ....

@ OP ... I have been using this mod for a very long time and if you setup the mod ( inside its own menu ) to mama's boy and disable Vertibirds, it will be more stable ... but regardless, you may experience some CTD's. I am using Loose Cannon with Vertibird disabled and I have had CTD's but not that often.

I am also using Raider Overhaul, Super Mutants Redux, Stronger Robots and Synths and Pack Attack ( compatible with WOTC ) ... again, there is not perfect game and if I have a CTD every 6-8 hours, I do not really care. It has been advised by the WOTC's author to expect CTD.

Good new is that the same author is developing the mod that will replace WOTC and he called his new mod : Spawns of the Commonwealth ... which will be out next year. So sit tight.

In the early days of Fallout 4, many modders had the ambition to make 'warzones', but their practical experiments proved the engine in Fallout 4 is a serious regression over Skyrim and Fallout 3 with respect to large numbers of active fighting NPCs. The issue shows up (in my experience) when the player rapidly runs acroos multiple cell boundaries, overloading the godawful script sub-system.

Asking for 'battle' mods to be 'stable' is like asking for mods that break the combine object hack to still run at acceptable framerates- just can't be done.

There is a good reason people (when they still believed in Beth) begged for Beth to use their UNLIMITED finances to develop a new open world engine. Fallout 4, and then Fallout 76 showed the horrific technical limitations of Gamebryo/Creation. Worse, for Beth to 'improve' on Aspect A in this engine, it is clear they have to sacrifice Aspect B.

So there are Fallout 4 mods where you MUST accept clear issues that cannot be solved by the modder. A trade-off where you get an experience you crave but at the expense of known situations where the engine will either run horribly or plain crash out.

I post this because, unknowingly, many here put modders off from certain types of mod by demanding things the engine cannot deliver. Normally "fix your bugs" would be a reasonable demand of any software dev. But for modders of Fallout 4, the game itself severely limits the ability to eliminate bugs when certain types of mod task are undertaken.

There are whole classes of mods that we expected to eventually appear, but had to be abandoned when the truth of Fallout 4's many technical shortcomings became apparent.