Follower won't go through manhole

antstubell

Hi all.

My cell is navmeshed perfectly and has been finalized. The only entrances/exits are sewer grates/manholes and followers seem not to want to pass through them. The 1st sewer access starts with a long drop into a cavern of water, So you clcik enter and next thing you're swimming - would this cause a problem for a follower? The 2nd is the same manhole but this one is just above head height in a hallway - no ladder just the manhole above your head but follower still won't pass through. To get in the manholes are at ground level - problem for a follower? If its the manholes causing the problem is there a workaround?

Hi all.

My cell is navmeshed perfectly and has been finalized. The only entrances/exits are sewer grates/manholes and followers seem not to want to pass through them. The 1st sewer access starts with a long drop into a cavern of water, So you clcik enter and next thing you're swimming - would this cause a problem for a follower? The 2nd is the same manhole but this one is just above head height in a hallway - no ladder just the manhole above your head but follower still won't pass through. To get in the manholes are at ground level - problem for a follower? If its the manholes causing the problem is there a workaround?

Have you finalised the navmesh on both cells (both "sides" of the manholes), if not that's your problem.

When you say "starts with a long drop into water" do you mean literally when you teleport in you fall straight into the water? I.e the navmesh under the teleport marker is marked as water?

If so it won't work, or I can't find a way to make it work. Unless the teleport marker is placed above LAND navmesh it won't get marked properly when you finalise the mesh and followers/NPCs won't use the door. AFAIK you cannot teleport into a spot marked as water navmesh. Well, you can but NPCs can't.

Edited by tetradite

NPCs can. You just gotta make a floating navmesh island right under the manhole.

Marked as land though right? I.e it's having the mesh marked as water that's probably stopping it working right now?

NPCs can. You just gotta make a floating navmesh island right under the manhole.

Marked as land though right? I.e it's having the mesh marked as water that's probably stopping it working right now?

The 1st manhole entrance I have the teleport marker directly under the manhole, floating in mid-air facing down. I hoped the player would experience a fall into the water below but that doesn't work, you just end up in the water. As you can see from the screenshots I meshed underwater. The mesehs that lead up go to the manhole cover right at the top, a ramp that leads out of the water to some ledges around the cavern and the last leads to an underwater doorway which in turn leads to the main cell area.

I checked the manholes topside and they both are covered by navmesh.

If followers can't get in it isn't a big problem because within the caverns is an object based teleport which teleports the player to a new cell, this the follower can't follow and will be left behind. In this case will the follower get out of the caverns? Or I'm thinking that to block the follower completely from entering. How can I block the follower when the player uses the manholes, you know gets the message "Your follower cannot follow you here."

2nd picture is too big to upload, I'll try in another post.

OK, your mesh is defined as land not water, so that's not stopping the teleport, but, you say:

I checked the manholes topside and they both are covered by navmesh.

Have you refinalised the navmeshes topside? They must be finalised on both sides after the meshes and teleport markers are set up.