Origins/Awakening

pablosplinter

Hi all, I was wondering if it was possible to create a mod that allows you to visit Origins locations from the Awakenings campaign? ...or even do some quests as well?

I ask because it seems to me that the Origins campaign is pretty urgent, with not much time to just wander around, whereas the Awakenings campaign is a little more laid back in a way, and being able to do this would also improve the longevity of Awakening and give it a little more variety.

I doubt it is possible, but just thought I would ask :smile:

Thank you

I am pretty sure Awakening takes place after Origins. Last time I played Dragon Age was like a long ass time ago lol, but I am pretty sure that you need to complete Origins, and then you go on to to Awakening. Edited by Killerbuddy

I am pretty sure Awakening takes place after Origins. Last time I played Dragon Age was like a long ass time ago lol, but I am pretty sure that you need to complete Origins, and then you go on to to Awakening.

Yes, I didn't mean that the story should overlap at all, what I really was wondering is if ti is possible to open some of the Origins locations up to be selectable in Awakenings. It is the same area after all, and not long after. Just being able to walk around Denerim/Orzamar, and maybe doing a few of the misc quests.

I guess it is not possible though.

I am pretty sure Awakening takes place after Origins. Last time I played Dragon Age was like a long ass time ago lol, but I am pretty sure that you need to complete Origins, and then you go on to to Awakening.

Yes, I didn't mean that the story should overlap at all, what I really was wondering is if ti is possible to open some of the Origins locations up to be selectable in Awakenings. It is the same area after all, and not long after. Just being able to walk around Denerim/Orzamar, and maybe doing a few of the misc quests.

I guess it is not possible though.

It is possible. Someone already made a mod that allows you to use items/skills from awakening in your origins campaign. Areas are also resources just as items are. So it is possible to do but i doubt anyone will try to do it since it requires lots of work.

Awakenings does not take place in "the same area" as Origins at all (as far as the game map is concerned.)

The country of Ferelden is not the Arling of Amaranthine.

And "opening" locations does not allow anything to happen once the game is finished. So, for example, (presuming you already completed all the quests) in Origins one can wander between Camp and Warden's Keep (if you have that DLC) after the coronation, but nothing occurs.

So...

a) It's not technically possible to introduce the Origins map locations into Awakenings.

b) It wouldn't serve any purpose even if one could.

Awakenings does not take place in "the same area" as Origins at all (as far as the game map is concerned.)

The country of Ferelden is not the Arling of Amaranthine.

And "opening" locations does not allow anything to happen once the game is finished. So, for example, (presuming you already completed all the quests) in Origins one can wander between Camp and Warden's Keep (if you have that DLC) after the coronation, but nothing occurs.

So...

a) It's not technically possible to introduce the Origins map locations into Awakenings.

b) It wouldn't serve any purpose even if one could.

Ok thanks for explaining that Thandal. I just thought I would see if it was possible, as I do quite like awakening, and it would be good to save some more content for it. I didn't think it would be possible anyway really.

I suppose that following on from this, the next question that I have is whether there have been any quest mods created for Awakening, or whether there are any planned?

I have tried most of the quest mods for Origins, and always got the feeling that they would fit more in Awakening.