Switchng to SSE

varkonasnorse

I have been considering switching to SSE on my laptop because the LE version of Skyrim I have doesn't seem to work very well with Windows10. The graphics are laggy and the cell loading process takes a long time. I don't have the best experience on my laptop with this game and would like to improve it. Can I solve this issue simply by using an ENB, or change over to SSE? Pros and cons are welcome. Here are my system specs:

Intel Celeron CPU N3050 @ 1.60Ghz

4.00 Gb ram

64 bit O.S. Windows 10 Home

Manufacturer- ASUS Computer Corp.

Is this system even worth messing with? I have been told it is too low-end to handle a game like Skyrim anyhow because the processor is too slow. I have increased the virtual RAM to double, but I have been unable to overclock the CPU. Am I just wasting my time? o_O

Edited by varkonasnorse

• 2 weeks later...

I have been considering switching to SSE on my laptop because the LE version of Skyrim I have doesn't seem to work very well with Windows10. The graphics are laggy and the cell loading process takes a long time. I don't have the best experience on my laptop with this game and would like to improve it. Can I solve this issue simply by using an ENB, or change over to SSE? Pros and cons are welcome. Here are my system specs:

Intel Celeron CPU N3050 @ 1.60Ghz

4.00 Gb ram

64 bit O.S. Windows 10 Home

Manufacturer- ASUS Computer Corp.

Is this system even worth messing with? I have been told it is too low-end to handle a game like Skyrim anyhow because the processor is too slow. I have increased the virtual RAM to double, but I have been unable to overclock the CPU. Am I just wasting my time? o_O

If you can afford it, upgrade the computer. 4Gig of RAM isn't very good for gaming .

Agree with above, if anything, SSE may run worse due to the updated graphics. Haven't checked its requirements though. Sadly none of those ccomponents will give a great experience with either version; if you want smooth, you are going to have to upgrade. Also I can say LE edition is fine on 10, perhaps not for every system, but I can at least assure I've run it on 10 for a while with no issues(that appear windows related anyway).

I doubt that your comp would even load SE based upon my experience with it and a lower end machine. 8g Ram though.

My old desktop ran LE smoothly with 150 plugins and nearly 300 mods total. SE never loaded at all with 0 mods.

Ive since upgraded, but I don't want to deal with unwanted CC updates periodically wrecking SKSE and have 0 plans to switch.

Edited by TeofaTsavo

you definitely need skse and skse ini installed, that and enboost. The skse ini is installed as a means to fix skyrim memory allocation problem along side adding some other really nice features. safe to say your a great candidate to avoid hi res dlcs. you really need to stick with low to no textures and avoid having too many script heavy mods.

your processor and probably the graphics are the bottlenecks. skyrim needs high single core performance to run flawlessly. a 1.6ghz cpu 5w low power 2core no hyperthreading celeron cpu with very slow integrated intel graphics running with 300 mhz / 600mhz boost is barely capable running skyrim at all, even with lowest settings. so i would recommend to change the hardware. everything else leads to crap and frustration.

in your case sse clearly would make things worse because it's 64 bit and it needs more ram to load. the 64 bit advantage only counts if you have at least 8GB ram available and if you have a capable cpu.

Edited by xrayy