Intimidate never works

Bhanqwa

I've read this complaint on countless forums, but never found a solution to my problem.

Aside from a few scripted "always successes", I never get intimidate to work.

Is there any solution to this?

I used various playtroughs, races, levels, speechcraft levels, game-progress, with and without the intimidate perk.

Even tried fully upgraded daedric armor and battle axe along with maxing out heavy armor and two-handed weapon skills.

Never a success.

Check it out, there seems to be an actual "rule" (with exceptions, obviously) governing this:

A. "Persuade" seems to work best against tough-guy types: rogues, bandits, thieves, warriors, etc.

B. "Intimidate" seems to work best against soft targets, like ordinary citizens faux-tough-guys.

I *think* this is governed by the "Confidence" hidden NPC statistic (as well as your Speechcraft skill), but I am not certain. Try it out for yourself and see if it holds true for you. I've rolled two characters since I began to notice this and, in general, the principle seems to hold.

Hope that helps you out.

(Now, if only they'd have actually made it actually USEFUL to use these options in more situations....)

@Georgiegrill

I can pretty much rule out mod-interference, as I played my earlier characters without mods installed. aaand I've played some very fugly folks too ;p

@Sukeban

Yeah I read about that too, but when I find supposedly "soft" targets, they tend to still not respond to intimidate.

Thanks for your replies, so far it seems I've a cursed version of the game (completely legal mind you!).

Intimidate doesn't seem to ever work for me either but I kinda like it that way. :biggrin: That way I feel like I gave them "fair warning" before I decapitate them. :devil:

Now that I'm awake, I guess my method is only useful for bandits, not other NPCs. Would be kind of a quest killer if you decapitated everyone. :whistling:

Edited by Sergeant Rock