Teleport Ring

Hello, all.

Years ago when I used to play morrowind frequently I found a ring (maybe amulet?) This let me teleport to a position I designated and then back to where I teleported from. I have to clue where I got it so I am trying to make one in the creation kit. Cany anyone give me a hand with this? I don't need/want a ring to teleport me to 18 different places. I just wanna teleport to the richest merchant to unload and then back.

wouldn't it be easier summon a npc for x amount of time (something like enchanting a summon golden saint) rather than teleporting to x place and resummon. I recall doing this a long loooong time ago.) Nothing like having your own portable mudcrab merchant.

those were the time.

wouldn't it be easier summon a npc for x amount of time (something like enchanting a summon golden saint) rather than teleporting to x place and resummon. I recall doing this a long loooong time ago.) Nothing like having your own portable mudcrab merchant.

those were the time.

I'm trying to avoid console commands in this playthrough. Plus it's part nostalgia to have that. Also, the teleport ring also brings you to safety which is handy too.

Don't know, I wasn't implying on using console commands, was thinking you were doing this through Morrowind CK. As for the ring that teleport you to x place on equip, you can use that item you get which teleports you to the daedric shrine on equip you get from Divayth Fyr as a template. as for fixed location I think you can get specific plane coordinates through the ck iirc. good luck on your endeavour.

Do a search.

There are mods with teleport rings and spells....

I'm aware, but most of them do far far more than I want and they're all to set locations. What I found was a single location that I set and could go back and forth from. The few I found on the nexus don't do that. They offer several preset locations to warp to.

edit: I'm also just looking for a way to make this myself.

Edited by TheCalliton

For what you describe you will require dependency on one of the expansions (Tribunal or Bloodmoon) and if you want to teleport from interior cells you will require a script extender.

The script attached to your ring will need to declare some float variables to store the player's position before teleporting to the mudcrab merchant (including rotation on the z axis). You will also need to declare short OnPCEquip and short OnPCSkipEquip (for convenience if you do not what one of your equipped rings to be replace). Declare another short to keep track of which way the player is teleporting.

Set PCSkipEquip to 1

Check for OnPCEquip == 1

If true check GetInterior == 1

If true, the teleport attempt fails (a messagebox would be appropriate)

Otherwise, update the variable that stores the direction of travel and store the player's current position using SetPos and SetAngle.

The next time the ring is equipped the state will return the player to his/her original location. Toggle the state variable back to it previous state and use Position to teleport the player back.

Position does not work for interior cells. PositionCell does, however you can't store the cell ID without a script extender. I have had mixed results with Position in the past [edit: when used with variable coordinates] - as often as not it moves the target to the coordiates (0,0,0). SetPos might also work, but it is only reliable if the target location is an active cell - it is good only for short distances.

Edited by cyran0